Author Topic: MRI at 7 months post-CK  (Read 2926 times)

jb

• My MRI sequence:
MRI at 7 months post-CK
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:43:52 pm »
I just had a new MRI today, so I thought I'd post some before/after pics again.   It's hard to believe it's been 7 months since my treatment already.

Haven't followed up with my neuro yet, but it doesn't seem like there's much change since December.  I was hoping for some shrinkage, but seem to still have the big "mushroom cloud" going on.  Maybe next time.
2 cm right-side AN, diagnosed July 2006
Cyberknife at Georgetown Univ. Hospital, Aug 2007
Swelled to 2.5 cm and darkened thru center on latest MRI's, Dec 2007 and Mar 2008
Shrinking! back to 2 cm, Aug 2008
Still shrinking (a little), I think about 1.7 cm now, Aug 2009

Dan

• Dan in Germany
Re: MRI at 7 months post-CK
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 01:34:33 am »
jb,
Like you said it doesn't look as if there is any shrinkage but it does look like the thing is getting darker. Dark clouds "Mushroom clouds" may be bad news but from what I have learned here is darkening AN'S is GREAT NEWS.  I'm sure the neuro will only have good news.

Dan in Germany
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 05:46:22 am »
jb,

Looking good to me! :)   As shared in the past, the shrinkage may (or not) occur minimally, but its tumor core death that makes the difference! :)  Mine shrunk slightly, now 2 yrs post-CK but, as  explained to me by a few drs (my surgeon, my CK team and the kind docs of the CK Patient support board), as long as it is not growing further, as well as core death, you are certainly on the right path! 

Congrats on purdy films!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 12:16:06 am »
I'll trade you my boring "no change" MRI for your interesting "black hole" MRI... :D

I bet it goes back to the original size pretty soon. I don't know if it will shrink smaller than that, but there is no way it is growing any bigger now.

How are you symptoms doing these days?

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

jb

• My MRI sequence:
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 11:37:12 pm »
Steve, I may take you up on that offer...  It would be a nice science project if it weren't taking place next to my brain.  :)

I can't complain too much though.  My symptoms still come and go, but are generally improving.  No more pressure-cooker headaches with pulsating tinnitus lately, so that's a relief.  My hearing still fluctuates and is distorted, so I'm still on-and-off prednisone to try to manage that.  I called the doc's office today and they decided to switch me to the infamous Decadron for awhile after reviewing my MRI.  Not sure how I feel about that, but they say it may help with the "significant edema."

I also have a hearing test on Monday.  I'm expecting to flunk it, but if I'm loaded up on Decadron who knows??

Hope you're doing well,
JB
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 11:42:19 pm by jb »
2 cm right-side AN, diagnosed July 2006
Cyberknife at Georgetown Univ. Hospital, Aug 2007
Swelled to 2.5 cm and darkened thru center on latest MRI's, Dec 2007 and Mar 2008
Shrinking! back to 2 cm, Aug 2008
Still shrinking (a little), I think about 1.7 cm now, Aug 2009

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 02:43:47 pm »
Decadron?  You might make plans to wax your driveway the first days you take that stuff.  Amazing what you'll be getting done!  That's about the only really awful memories I have of my whole AN experience, is the after effects of Decadron.  But, I guess it does good things while it makes your life miserable for awhile.

Hang in there,

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Betsy

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 07:57:40 pm »
Hi JB, it looks like you’ve got a nice bit of necrosis going on there.  As Dan says, that is a good thing!  Good luck with the decadron….it really does help with the swelling.

Best wishes to you,

Betsy
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009