Author Topic: Post CK sleep problem  (Read 2285 times)

daylight

Post CK sleep problem
« on: December 05, 2005, 07:55:50 pm »
I'm a little over 2 weeks post cyberknife and I have not had more then 5 hours a night sleep.  I'm not tired but not full of energy either.  Some of you have had just the opposite problem.  I have had a lack of sleep problem for the last 10 years and take Unisome and Xanax to get 6- 8 hours a night but now that isn't working, I went to bed at 12 last night and was wide awake at 5:30 and up since. I'm not on steroids and only have coffee in the morning.
Another problem is that the tinnitus is slightly louder post CK and I feel pressure in my ear when I'm laying on left-AN side. Besides that I'm fine and happy and glad that I didn't get cut! Then I would surely have had something to b---ch about ;D
I probably should have posted this in the 'Post Treatment' section but would like to keep this with the radiation folk
Hope that you all had a wonderful turkey,
Sue B.
Sue B.

shoegirl

Re: Post CK sleep problem
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 08:08:39 pm »
Hi! Sue B,

Glad to hear you got through your CK and are recovering.  It is interesting that you are having the opposite side effect of most of the people I have read about - have you thought about changing your sleeping meds to another type?  Do you have a hard time falling asleep or staying asleep or both??  I am just curious, I am starting my CK a week from today.  Have you had any other side effects other than the tinnitus?  Any balance issues or hair loss?

Please keep us updated on how you are doing! :)

Best Wishes, Suzanne
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

jamie

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 09:37:42 pm »
I didn't notice sleeping problems one way or the other. I never really get more than 6 or 7 hours, except on the weekends, I sleep a bit more. That's been the same before and after treatment for me.
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

CC

• My homepage!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 11:51:44 am »
Hi Sue B

I would speak with your radiation team about this.  I'm sure they can help.  One thing I have noticed since CK is that I seem to react more strongly to everything I take - motrin, allergy meds, alcohol, coffee, etc.  Could be I'm hyper-vigilant but I am definitely noticing the difference.  Maybe you're having the opposite reaction?  have you noticed it with any other meds?

I had louderinnitus for a little while after treatment and my hearing wasn't great for a little while either.  Butthen it improved.  The one thing I've noticed is that if I get a cold, or blocked sinuses the tinnitus is louder.  I also notice it's louder when I'm very very tired.  I also get the blockd ear which hurts when I lie on it - especially when I have a cold/sinusitis.  Do you suffer from blocked sinuses?  My radiation oncologist thought a lot of what I experienced was due to this. 

CC
CC
3cm AN
CK Oct 05
with Dr Chang at Stanford