Author Topic: stroke after the surgery  (Read 2978 times)

thecakes

stroke after the surgery
« on: March 18, 2007, 05:01:07 pm »
  How many of you had a stroke after surgery?

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: stroke after the surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:14:57 pm »
I did ... or more like during the surgery .. I guess a small one .. I really don't remember to first couple days after surgery and my coordination and speech was all messed up... but the good news its I'm back to work and doing well !
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 07:31:12 am »
I did fourteen months after surgery.
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

His Wife

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 06:23:18 pm »
My husband's surgery was March 6, 2007. This past week, March 6 2008 we went in for 6mo. doctor's visit. Doctors told us he had a mild stroke . This was the first we've heard of it! We really don't know when it occured. His speech and his balance hasn't improved to the point where we thought it should by this time. And now we know why.

OMG16

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:21:50 pm »
My son had a small stroke during surgery and came out with Left sided weakness and we were not told about it.  They released him from the hospital still with weakness and no further work ups to find out why.  He stroked for 5 more days while we were told he was just fine and this resulted in the major devastating damage to the left side of his brain.  This can and does happen in the hospital so always have your loved one follow up and keep a very close eye on you.  We were told 16 year olds this just does not happen to.  The good new is he is doing much better now but it was a long tough road to getting to wear he is now.  Always follow what your gut instinct is telling you.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Jeff

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 05:40:44 pm »
I have had 3 AN surgeries. During the last one I had a stroke and other complications.

Looking back, my wife and have concluded that I have no memory of the first 4 weeks following my surgery. I describe my experience as slowly emerging from a fog.

I am doing well now.

Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 08:46:43 pm »
Jeff:  I can't imagine having 3 AN surgeries, 1 was enough for me ! !

Glad to hear all is well now,   seems like your wife was holding your memories for you for awhile....

Always good thoughts,   Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Jeff

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 09:02:20 pm »
Thanks Nancy,
2 ANs and 3 surgeries has been quite a challenge, but I am surviving. And, in a way, I am fortunate not to remember my first 4 weeks in the hospital. My wife tells me that it was a tough time.
Best wishes,
Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08