Author Topic: STILL Waiting for a Date - and I'm Not Single!  (Read 4183 times)

lori67

Re: STILL Waiting for a Date - and I'm Not Single!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 10:49:37 am »
Debbi - STEP AWAY FROM THE LEDGE!

Enjoy your massage and facial...I'm jealous.  I'm sure that will help you relax - at least for a little while.

Don't worry - this will all come together.  Right now you'll have to relinquish just a little bit of control to the surgeons.  I know - easier said than done.  If you're like me, after the surgery is all done, you will accept that sometimes you just have to let things happen and know that there's a reason for it, even if you can't see it at the time.  I have NEVER been good at that before!

I learned my lesson when I fought tooth and nail to stay in Virginia Beach, but the Navy said "No - you're going to Nashville".  If I had stayed in VA, I would have still been being treated for a sinus infection, instead of the AN that my new doctor here diagnosed the first time I ever walked into his office.  So, there's a reason I didn't get my way and I don't think the Navy had anything to do with it.   :D  Hopefully, there is a good reason behind your scheduling nightmare.

Hang in there!!!  And stay inside where it's warm!  It was 67 degrees here at 8am and now at 11:30am - it's dropped to 51!   ???

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

LADavid

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 11:55:57 am »
Hey Debbi
Step back from the ledge and take a shot of rum.  Maybe a few of them.  You are paying these people, right?  I'm starting to think they have too much money.  Have you tried the -- if I don't get a commitment soon, I'm going somewhere else -- approach?  I was having problems with the admin staff at House and they snapped to when I suggested that.  Loss of income seems to get attention.

So I 'll add more to the story and maybe that will distract you for a bit.  Meanwhile enjoy your weekend and plan on getting an answer on Monday.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

robynabc

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 07:41:43 am »
Debi,

Really, it is all good.  One day you will look back on this and chuckle a little.  I hope anyway.  The anxiety is hard but it will be over soon.  I do have to say that I remember the day we finally got the "date".  It was right before memorial day.  The whole weekend was great and we felt much better.  Then of course the month of waiting before surgery was pretty tough.  But, believe me once you get to the other side of this it will all be just a memory.  One thing that I try to think of is-  In a month , or a year or what ever,  will this be an issue?  And if nothing else the Rum sounds like a good idea.  LOL

"People say, 'Oh, it's too bad they died so young,' " Ms. Tullis, then working as a psychic counselor and living in a trailer park outside Los Angeles, told People in 2001. "I say, you don't understand. My kids lived every day of their lives. Every moment."

The late Rusty Tullis, mother of Rocky Dennis from the movie "Mask" who died at 16 and her other son died of AIDS at 32

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 08:08:46 am by robynabc »
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.