Author Topic: HOPE ...... Elderbirds  (Read 1564 times)

Denisex2boys

HOPE ...... Elderbirds
« on: April 01, 2008, 08:34:37 pm »
... I am thinking of your and hoping all went well ((((HUGS))))

I am pre-admit this Thursday - hopefully I will get a date ---- took the first step though and requested a 'meeting' with my kids JK and Grade 3 teachers to make them aware :O  Even that in itself it scary to me ....
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

elderbirds

Re: HOPE ...... Elderbirds
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:31:10 pm »
Denise,
Thanks for the good thougts.  Good luck with the pre-op stuff, that was a breeze.  Let me know when you get your date.  we can talk and I can share my experience with you as so many have done with me.  It really helps to hear that others made it through and you will too.  relax and take deep breaths!
Hugs
Hope

LADavid

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 10:45:53 pm »
Hey Hope
As they say, time to rock and roll.   Looking to hear about the great news on the other side.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Pembo

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 07:03:43 am »
Denise I remember having to tell my sons teachers. To say out loud that you are having brain surgery is hard to do but be prepared for the reactions you will get. They may be odd....

G/L to you at your pre-op visit.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

satman

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 09:07:39 am »
Everything will work out,my prayers are with you.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !