Author Topic: Newly diagnosed AN - Happy to find this forum.  (Read 4607 times)

moe

Re: Newly diagnosed AN - Happy to find this forum.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 02:56:17 pm »
Welcome Matt!
Chiming in to say hi and we're here to answer questions, bounce ideas off, etc....
My tumor was big and the location was so that 2 docs both agreed with the same approach. (Trans-lab. No headaches)
So I was spared that agonizing part.
I live near Seattle. Another WA AN!
Wishing you peace as you figure out the maze of info.
Things will be ok.. once you get over the shock of the dx and start really looking at all your options and finally make a decision, you'll feel tons better.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 12:02:20 am »
Hello Matt and welcome!  I just want to echo the others in saying that making the decision is the hardest part but you'll know, just give yourself a little time and listen to your inner voice.  I had microsurgery, translab, a little over 3 months ago.  A lot of Drs will do phone/email consultations so make lots of contacts.  You'll learn a lot in the coming weeks/months!  You aren't alone and you'll find good support here, for both you and your wife.  Best wishes as you begin your journey.
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

LisaP

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 05:09:15 pm »
Hi Matt,

First of all, welcome to our club one that all of us did not mean to join.  Anyways, good luck on your journey, I'm 46 and have a small AN and am Watching and Waiting.  Next MRI is in Feb of 2010.

Take Jim's advise and read as much as you can. You will also make many new friends.

Good luck, and best wishes,

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W