Author Topic: Headset use for job after Translab?  (Read 1385 times)

Boppie

Headset use for job after Translab?
« on: May 05, 2008, 09:16:53 pm »
Is anyone able to comment on using a phone operator's headset on the job and if it helps or hinders to have a BAHA or TransEar in use at the same time?

gramps

Re: Headset use for job after Translab?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 06:52:31 pm »
I have both a Transear and a BAHA (not in use simultaneously).  I first had the Transear, but couldn't seem to get enough out of it without interference which would stop if I pressed the Transear in with my finger.  However, the noise would come back almost as soon as I released the pressure.  I decided to get the BAHA Intenso and have been very happy with it.  However, I notice more interference when talking on the phone with my good ear than I had with the Transear.  I think it is just a matter of picking up more of the sound on the bad side and sending it to the left where the phone conversation is going on.  I have turned the BAHA down during phone conversations.  I have never tried a phone conversation with my bad right ear.  I actually got used to talking on the phone with the left ear years ago (even though hearing in the right ear was good then), so that I could write or do other things with my right hand.