Author Topic: Happy Mother's Day!  (Read 5732 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Happy Mother's Day!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 09:07:51 am »
Matti,

Talk about testosterone floating around......be in this house, its flying to the rafters of the roof with 4 sons and a husband!.  I have a 21 yr old (yesterday, my 1st Mother's Day baby), a 19 yr old, an 18 yr old and my baby will 17 on June 2nd.

My husband is Italian, and my boys love their soccer!  Forza Italia......World Cup & Euro Cup my house just erupts with their friends here watching the games.  As you said "I wouldn't  have it any other way"  I too am praying for granddaughters when the time comes.

Phyl,

I'm so happy you received a lovely card from your nephew.  Too bad about having "no belly stretchmarks".......rub it in dearie!!! :P

Anne Marie
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 09:24:50 am by yardtick »
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 09:24:28 am »

Phyl,

I'm so happy you received a lovely card from your nephew.  Too bad about having "no belly stretchmarks".......rub it in dearie!!! :P

Anne Marie

nope, never got me a stretchmark and now too old to get them... :(

oh, well..... but I still have YOU all as my "kids".... :)

works for me! :)

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 12:04:51 pm »
Anne Marie~

19, 18, & 17 ~ what in the world ~ are you sure your brain  wasn't controlled by a tumor then??  I thought 19 months was too close...of course, I had planned on being much younger when I had them!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 01:28:02 pm »
K,

You forgot my 21 yr old!!!  Last night at 11:38 he turned 21.  Mother's Day was 22 mins away when I delivered him and my no brain-er husband asked me to "hold off for a few minutes so the baby could be born om Mother's Days"  Somethings you NEVER forget!!!

Basically I had 4 babies in 4yrs and 1 month.  Since I was in the baby mode I wanted them to be close.  They certainly are, I've got 2 in each bedroom.  Since I have to share my bedroom with Louie, they have to share also ;D

Happy Mother's Day to all

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

matti

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 09:57:02 pm »
Phyl - I'll tell your nephew how much you loved his card. He loves it when Auntie Phyl calls  ;)   

Anne Marie - That's testosterone to the max LOL   I loved the comment from your hubby about waiting a few extra minutes, I can hear mine saying the same thing.
Happy Birthday to your son!! Both of mine spent their 21st in Vegas. I wasn't allowed to go, apparently I am too over protective :o. Sorry kids, but that's one thing I can't get rid of, just like the stretch marks you gave me!!
By the way, I'm Italian too ;D

Happy Mother's Day!
Hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Tamara

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 10:08:00 am »
Happy Mother's Day!
  My kiddos are 10 (my daughter, who is severely mentally & physically disabled), and my sons who are 13 & 16.  My translab surgery is scheduled for June 12, so my MD gift was an MP3 player already loaded with my favorite (and calming) songs for post-surgery days (programming courtesy of my eldest).  And, I also got the mono-ear bud that was discussed on this forum a while back.  As I am pretty much SSD already, I LOVE this!! (listening to Sade as I type).

Tamara
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 11:02:26 am »
Tamara,

You go girl!!!! You deserve a terrific Mother's Day! I am so glad your family understood the perfect gift!How thoughtful!

Happy Mother's Day all you moms! (Have to say my hubby is doing dishes as we speak, even with my distorted hearing, it is music to my ears.)

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 02:13:50 pm »
HAPPY MOTHER's DAY...to all of my cyber family Mothers!!!

and especially a happy day to all of you Mom's who are doing it on your own...you should get another special day for you alone   :)

GM
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 06:55:46 pm »
and especially a happy day to all of you Mom's who are doing it on your own...you should get another special day for you alone   :)

I'll vote for that - but there has to be equal time for Dad's who are doing it on their own also.

My son has asked me twice in the last week when Kids' Day is.  I informed him that in our house it seems like Kids' Day is every day of the week  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 08:21:28 pm »
Jan: I love when kids say the darndest things...Don't let Hallmark Know or there will be an event for Kids Day:-)

BTW, for those of you looking for a funny movie, my grown sons and I went to see What Happens in Vegas with Ashton Kucher, Cameron Diaz, Dennis Miller et al...It is quite funny if you need laughs.

Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 08:31:20 pm »
Kate -

you look too young to have grown kids  :)

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways