Author Topic: What are the restrictions?  (Read 4959 times)

becknell

Re: What are the restrictions?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 11:34:57 am »
CC, I hope you don't perceive this discussion as being not supportive of your choice. I understand your choice. For my part, I merely wanted to point out, for the sake of others who may be reading these posts, that what you were told about the suboccipital approach and headaches doesn't sound like it's entirely based in fact, based on what I read and was told about the same approach. Rather, it sounds like a doctor trying to persude you against a particular surgical approach by scaring you with an exaggeration — not a complete untruth, but certainly an exaggeration of the truth. And unfortunately that happens, and patients need to know that it happens. Which is why you can't just believe everything a doctor tells you — even a doctor from House, evidently. Like Mark, I too recall reading studies about the relationship between headaches and suboccipital and it was by no means all patients, but a fairly small portion of them. I hope you don't take this as unsupportive and that you continue to visit this message board and share your experiences and find support. Jennifer