Author Topic: balance problem  (Read 3139 times)

evelyne vandersand

balance problem
« on: May 30, 2005, 11:51:20 pm »
Hi Friends,
Before and after surgery, my major problem has been a badly affected sens of balance in spite of regular physical exercice. 3 years after my surgery, one doctor told me to try "dyazide" telling me that nothing has been written in medical books about that but only 30 years a practice has shown him that many patients respond to this medication. It is a water pill and seems to change the viscosity of liquid inside the inner ear... All I can tell you is that it works for me and it is an huge relief. I still get dizzy but I recover right away instead of staying dizzy for hours after a strong dizzy spell. Dizziness does not seem to affect many patients on a long term basis but for the few like me, check it out.
   Evelyne

kbwright

Re: balance problem
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 10:01:37 am »
Thank you so much for sharing this information. My ENT prescribed Ativan for my dizzy episodes. But after several months on this, it is not working as well. The concept of the effects of liquid in the inner ear sure makes sense to me. On days that I am even a little congested the dizziness is much worse.

Thank you!

Karen H

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 10:32:52 am »
I have not had any treatment at this time but I have found that on days I am feeling a little dizzy I take psuedofed and it helps and doesn't make me sleepy.

russ

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 03:51:31 pm »
Hi
  Seems with the 'Dyazide", Dr. is hypothetically treating you for Menieres Disease. Maybe ask him?
  I'm glad it helps, however it helps!! - smile -
  Russ

Vincent87

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 08:32:19 pm »
Thanks for mentioning another drug.  My mom is having severe vertigo and nausea.  The first anti-vert drug she tried-which they all around the nursing home call Anti-Vert-worked for about a week.  (Dizziness went from a 10 to a 6.)  This weekend she's trying out Klonopin.  Any experience with this one?