Author Topic: Brain Injury Funds and AN's  (Read 1416 times)

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Brain Injury Funds and AN's
« on: June 05, 2008, 03:34:39 pm »
My brother was injured a few years back at work when a snow plow that he was removing struck him in the head. 

He suffers from severe migraines (with occasional vision loss), because of the injury.  He found that New Jersey has a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) fund, the fund helps him with some medical expenses, and counseling.

I was wondering if AN'ers could use such a fund?  Does anyone use such a fund now?

GM

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 03:36:10 pm by GM »
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Brain Injury Funds and AN's
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 03:53:40 am »
The fund is available to Aner's in Texas.  I don't know about other states.  You have to meet a certain criteria and jump through hoops to get it.  It is hidden pretty deep in the "help" for brain injuries/malfunctions department.  I will make it one of my goals to find the info again so I can post it.
Twenty-two years ago, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Several organizations helped with all kinds of things, like transportation, food prep, buying groceries, cleaning my house and staying with me through radiation and chemo. They also helped with the expense that my insurance didn't cover, as did my employer.  I was a car salesperson at the time and my boss allowed me to drive my demo (actually allowed my daughter to) and he kept it filled with gas and cleaned and maintained for the first six months of my treatment. My old boss is always in my prayers. I donate to all of those now.  I wouldn't have survived without them.
Thanks for posting this.  It stirred my memory and if I can help get info like that for anyone, I will.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Yvette

• Yvette
Re: Brain Injury Funds and AN's
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:59:55 pm »
Never heard of such a thing. I hope your brother continues to improve.
Blessings, Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!