Author Topic: HOME AND OK  (Read 3931 times)

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Re: HOME AND OK
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 11:24:11 pm »
Trish,

Congratulation on being on postie. Your spirit is very inspiring and will help you in the healing process. Looking forward to reading more of your poste.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

martyc

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 10:56:48 pm »
Hi Trish,
I just saw your picture and read your post.  I'm a mom of three young kids as well and just had my surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago.  I can't believe you had your hair done the day after being in the hospital!  You are amazing!  Lord knows I need my hair done, but wasn't up for that so soon.  Now that I'm going to church for the first time back tomorrow I wish I had :)
I have temp. facial paralysis, but like you have my walker in the corner.  I do use it when out...how about you?  Physical therapy is challenging, but I am hopeful it will work. 
Glad you are receiving lots of support.  I am as well.  I'm able to do more for my kids as the days go by, but still really needing lots of rest.  I've finished my first novel in years! 
Hope you are sleeping well.  I use melatonin at night as I was having horrible nightmares when using Tylenol PM. 
A while ago I read someone offering the idea of a mom's group on this site.  I think that's a great idea!  It's an added challenge to endure this surgery with young children.
Blessings to you as you recover,
Marty
Marty

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 10:04:29 pm »
Sorry for the late reply, but welcome to the other side Trish.  I'm a bit jealous of you being able to post such a long one so soon after surgery.  I'm with the rest in saying that rest is paramount.  Your body will tell ya when you are ready for it.  The fact that you are doing it all with kids is a testament to your strength.

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager