Author Topic: New AN in Seattle - GK/CK???  (Read 6302 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: New AN in Seattle - GK/CK???
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »
Caryl,

I never did contact the Seattle CK center. Mindy, aka mindyandy, had CK in Seattle back in January. She last posted in Februrary (saying it went fine), but she hasn't been around lately. Hope she is doing well, Mindy are you out there? I know she wasn't sure at first, and did some research into it, and soon felt comfortable enough to schedule the treatment there.

The main thing is whether you find the doctor there to be someone you would feel confident in, should anything odd develop afterwards. The procedure itself is very straightforward and highly automated, so it will be virtually the same at any facility.

Steve

THANKS STEVE....
GLAD TO SEE YA AGAIN...HOW ARE YOU DOING????????????? I HOPE WELL.................
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

sgerrard

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 04:08:55 pm »
I KNOW I HAVENT BEEN AROUND FOR AWHILE......SHAME ON ME.... I have a newborn and have been very busy.

Newborn? No wonder! Congratulations, I'm sure you are very busy with - him? her? Was that before the CK? How old now?

It sounds like your CK in Seattle went really well, and that Dr. Sandy V. is a good and personable doctor to have. I also notice you had the "every other day" series, we had a question about that on the forum a little while ago, it is good to hear that it happens at several places.

If yours goes anything like mine, don't expect the fullness to go away quickly. I am six months out, and still getting it some, although less than the peak last December. But it is more a nuisance than anything else.

Take care,

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

caryl

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 08:26:06 pm »
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for chiming in.  Actually I thought I had sent a PM to you, but maybe I don't know how that works on this board.  It looked like it went to your email address.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting with Dr. Vermeulen this Tuesday.  So, you mean you weren't given any steroids to take during the treatment?  If so, maybe they feel with 48 hrs between treatments there is less chance of swelling?  Did you have 6 gy for each treatment for a total of 18?

Did you discuss Gamma Knife with Dr. V or the UW team?

So glad to hear you are doing well.  You need to be ok to take care of that baby!

Caryl
9x6 mm AN, left side, diagnosed Jan. 2008, severe hearing loss.
CK in Seattle, June 2008, Dr. Sandra Vermeulen

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 08:51:20 pm »
Caryl
So how did your appointment go with Sandra? She is a great lady. Well respected and knows her stuff. What ever direction you chose to go please keep us posted. We can certainly try to help you answer questions. We are here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012