Author Topic: Monday is my day for CK!  (Read 6259 times)

shoegirl

Re: Monday is my day for CK!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 10:58:45 pm »
CC,

Yes, I am a proud member of the CK club!  I am happy it is over and it was so easy!  The treatment that is - I feel pretty lousy now but that is okay!  :)  I know it could be worse.

Thanks for recommeding the Vitalyzm.  I may just try it - I am very fatigued.  How much are you suppose to take?  Did it take long it to work?

When is your first follow up?  Any new symptoms?

Happy Holidays!
Suzanne

left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

CC

• My homepage!
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2005, 02:23:27 pm »
Suzanne

I got teh Vitalzym off the web.  Just google it.  They recommended three capsules three times a day at least 30 mins before meals.  It worked within 48hrs.  They said you could also take the capsules an hour after meals but I found doing this was not as effective.  I also read thsi week on the CKSG website that they think the fatigue is your body trying to cope with all the radiation in it and 30 mins of exercise getting your heart rate above 110-120 shifted the radiation out faster.  I s=wished I'd have seen this when I was so tired.  But the Vitalzym did help and one day (at 6weeks) I woke up and felt fabulous and never looked back (so stopped taking it).  The only weird thign I feel occasionally is the skin on three parts of my head feeling sore and prickly - just like when you wear a headband or ponytail elasctic and your hair has been in one place then you move it.  It goes away as quickly as it came but it is a weird feeling!  Other thas that I feel fabulous so hold on just a few weeks more and you'll feel great too.  My first follow upis at six months - end April.  However, I've spoken with my team on a coupel of occasions with concerns and questions.  The've been great.  AsI said I think I was hyper-vigilant so listening and reassurance was all I needed.

Take is slowly - sleep is good for healing.  One good thing is that I had so much sleep over the first six weeks friends have told me I look so healthy, and so much younger - no bad thing! ;)

CC
CC
3cm AN
CK Oct 05
with Dr Chang at Stanford

SuzeAN

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2005, 06:59:14 pm »
Hi Suzanne,

Glad to hear your done with CK; I remember I was feeling a bit tired too afterwards and I had taken the Vitalzym the very next day and was never overly fatigued.  And just did some minimal exercising, like walking outdoors...I had CK done the first week of Oct and honestly I would forget that I have this thing if it wasn't for the tinnitus that  I have.  I should be having an MRI in Jan or March for follow up.  I think any other kind of supplements like Coenzyme Q10 and gingko would be helpful, anything for cellular health and brain function also Vitamin C.  Just an opinion after doing some reading, you have to find what works for you.  Like you always hear drink milk for strong bones, well my mom never drank milk (hates it) and her bone density is that of a young woman (she is 70).  So its a matter of what the body responds to I guess... Well, Happy Holidays to you all!

Sue
2.5 cm, left side
CK-Barrows 10/05