Author Topic: Lip issue?  (Read 2654 times)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Lip issue?
« on: January 06, 2006, 03:38:33 pm »

I have no real movement on the right side and it is getting better but and I'm losing my LIP mass on the right corner .. it seems to be getting worse!! anyone have this problem ? and what did you do !!

4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Rc Moser

Re: Lip issue?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 04:48:43 pm »
Gravity IMO. No muscle to hold it up  Mine is the same with less sage. My nerve is slowly coming back. I can feel something trying to lift and have movement just not strong enough to lift. Even the rinkles on my forhead are smooth. I am 2 years 4 months out. So unless they completely cut or your 8th nerve broke when they were pealing the tumor remains off IMO I think you will eventually gain some and the nerve will eventually give you some lift, hopefully. I can feel the inside of my mouth sagging and the gums don't feel right. Also my eye in the inside corner is shaped different from the right. I suspect Gravity pulling on it. My doctor said I could have plastic surgeron do some magic if it get bad enough. Right now I'm playing he waiting game and have other health issues to resolve first. I can almost wistle right nowI figure in 5 years if it's not back by then it's not coming back. Hang in there, A day without a Migraine is a great day IMO for us AN'ers.
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.

debora

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 05:39:29 pm »
Hate to sound dumb but I can't figure out what IMO means, could someone fill me in please?

Joef

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 06:04:59 pm »
In My Opinion

Don't feel bad ... I've had a "online" computer since 1983 .. and I don't know all the acronyms !
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 06:58:59 pm by Joef »

Boppie

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 07:46:21 pm »
Joef, I am only 3 weeks out and my paralysis was late, not appearing until day 12, but my pucker and lip sag were the most obvious problems right at first.  I invented the following exercise to firm up my lip.  I pressed my lips together as much as I could, holding my finger tips over any leaks.  Then I blew out hard to puff out both cheeks, over and over again,  Each time I practiced this I'd get a stretching sensation in my lips, cheeks and chin.  After a couple of days I could feel firming tension in my loose lip and I was more able to drink without spilling out the corner.  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't blowing so hard that my ears could pop, just enough to get a blowfish look.  Hold a few seconds and release, hold and release. 

Just this last week I saw an eye doctor to have my cornea inspected.  It was fine, but she taught me an exercise to make the eyes tear better.  She uses this therapy with Bells Palsy patients...scrunch up your nose and squint your eyes closed really tight.  If you have any pucker add this to the scrunch.  Scrunch, count four and release, scrunch, count and release. 

Note:  Doing facial exercises before the waiting period is over can be detrimental to the expression.  So, if you have facial issues that are less than 9 or 10 month old continue to wait for the nerves to recover on their own.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 05:32:48 pm by Boppie »

Jeanlea

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 09:21:11 pm »
Who said it takes more muscles to frown than to smile?  I can frown easily.  Smiling will be a ways off.  I think it takes an awful lot of muscles to make a person smile.

Just one of the peculiar thoughts that now goes through my head. 
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Joef

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 10:05:32 am »
Moser ... I think you may be right, bacause  when I push up on the muscle below the lip .... it looks normal...