Author Topic: Doctors in the Chicago Area  (Read 6408 times)

Kate B

• AN World
Doctors in the Chicago Area
« on: May 06, 2005, 05:44:20 am »
The question about physicians who specialize in Acoustic Neuroma in the Chicago area surface:
Three names come to mind.

Dr. Richard Wiet: www.chicagoear.com  Typically, he operates with Dr. Kazan out of HInsdale Hospital. Phone: 630-789-3110

Dr. J. Leonetti :  Typically, he operates with Dr. Anderson out of Loyola Hospital. Phone: (708) 216-9200

Dr. Bruce Gantz: He operates at the Univerisity of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. Phone: (319) 356-2173

Baha Hearing Device:
Dr. Moore out of Lutheran General in Park Ridge  can be added to this list.

If you can, it is worth consulting with each doctor.  I learned something new from each of them.

If you have had treatment from any of the above, this might be a spot to share your story.

Kindest Regards,
Kate

« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 05:58:21 am by Kate Besserman »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Russ

Re: Doctors in the Chicago Area
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 04:20:49 pm »
Hi
  Please don't forget consult and recommendation with Dr Hain in Chicago.
  Best wishes to you!   -Russ

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 05:21:57 am »
Russ,
What hospital is he affiliated with and what is his phone number? Metropolitan Chicago is a big place:-)
His contact information would be helpful.
Thanks.
Kate
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 04:27:33 am by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Dave_S121

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 03:32:18 pm »
On October 20th, 2004 I had a 2.2cm AN removed via Translab by Dr. Wiet and Kazan at Hinsdale Hospital.  I saw 5 doctors in the Chicago area, all who were highly qualified and answered my questions and concerns.  (One of the advantages of living in a large city.)  I went with Dr. Wiet primarily due to his experience, that he discussed the issue of hearing after surgery with me and was able to perform the BAHA implant surgery at the same time as my AN surgery.  I believe since he did both surgeries at the same time that kept the cost down and thus made my insurance company more willing to pick-up the total cost of the BAHA.  My surgery went off without any problems.  I was out of the hospital in 3 days and have had no post surgery complications  I have no regrets with having Dr. Wiet perform my surgery and highly recommend him and Dr. Kazan to anyone seeking an opinion on how to treat this condition.  Dr. Wiet's patient skills are good and the post surgical follow-up by him and his office staff have been outstanding. 

Dr. Wiet office is The Chicago Otology Group, Hinsdale, IL 630-789-3110.

Dave Skaja
68 years old
2.2cm AN Right side
Removed 10/20/2004 Translab
Dr. Wiet and Dr. Kazan
Hinsdale Hospital, Hinsdale, IL.

stein78

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 10:10:33 pm »
On May 10th 2005 I had my 2.5cm AN removed by Dr. John Leonetti and Dr. Douglas Anderson at Loyola University Medical Center.  Leonetti and Anderson have done almost 1000 AN cases together.  I don't have one complaint.  I just had my 4 week post-op visit with Dr. Leonetti and I am doing great.  No headaches, my face is 98% perfrect (I had some very slight delayed weakness that is almost gone), and my balance is also just about perfect.  If you live in or near Chicagoland, I would give them a call.

-Jason
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 02:00:16 pm by stein78 »
29 years old
2.5cm AN - left side
Removed May 10th, 2005
Dr. John Leonetti & Dr. Douglas Anderson
Loyola University Medical Center
Chicago, IL

russ

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 09:02:11 pm »
FOR CONSULTATION, TESTING AND RECOMMENDATION ONLY...  http://www.tchain.com/cv/hain-t.htm  -RUSS

Russ,
What hospital is he affiliated with and what is his phone number? Metropolitan Chicago is a big place:-)
 I have never heard this doctor mentioned, so his contact information would be helpful.
Thanks.
Kate

lifeisgood

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 02:43:33 pm »
I also went to Dr. Wiet and Kazan for surgical removal of a 3.4 cm AN 18 month ago.
I would be more than happy to speak with anyone interested in hearing about my experience. (Very positive and I highly recommend them both)
Email me if you are interested.
I suggest getting at least 3 opinions from different doctors before making a final decision.
Both docs referenced on this board have a lot of experience and the decision is a very personal one.
Take care!

3.4cm AN surgically removed 3/04
by Dr. Wiet and Kazan at Hinsdale Hospital in Illinois.
Translab approach

judi

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2005, 09:19:27 pm »
Kate or anyone else....    Have you heard of a doctor in the Chicago area with the name of Filipo?  Looking to find info on my Mom's surgeon.   She is in Hinsdale hospital now.  Thanks.

stein78

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 10:14:01 am »
Kate or anyone else....    Have you heard of a doctor in the Chicago area with the name of Filipo?  Looking to find info on my Mom's surgeon.   She is in Hinsdale hospital now.  Thanks.
Have not heard of Filipo.  From my understanding, Dr. Wiet out of Hinsdale and Dr. Leonetti (my docotor which I highly recommend) out of Loyola are the two best AN doctors in Chicagoland.  Best of luck.
29 years old
2.5cm AN - left side
Removed May 10th, 2005
Dr. John Leonetti & Dr. Douglas Anderson
Loyola University Medical Center
Chicago, IL