Author Topic: Hope all are doing well...  (Read 1222 times)

cindyj

Hope all are doing well...
« on: July 28, 2008, 01:24:22 pm »
Hi Everyone!

Been gone for a week and still trying to read up on everything and everyone, but I'm afraid I won't get to all that went on last week and my "show unread posts" option doesn't always cooperate with me...so, I wanted to give a general "hope everyone that had surgery and/or radiation last week is doing as well as can be, and for all of you that are still recovering from previous treatments, hope you are healing nicely" wish.

It's good to be back among you all - had a few forum withdrawal symptoms while at the beach, but still managed to enjoy the week immensely!

Really, I do hope you are all doing ok!

Cindy

rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

lori67

Re: Hope all are doing well...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 01:29:18 pm »
Cindy -

Welcome back.  It's amazing how being on a beach helps with those withdrawal symptoms a bit!   ;)

I'm still trying to catch up and I've been home for a week already!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:48:06 pm »
Hi, Cindy:

Welcome back and don't fret too much over what you may have missed.  We had 3 surgeries; Marci, Wendy and Anne Marie (scar neuroma), 2 birthdays, an MRI (Glenda) and Jeff's ABI initial stimulation.  This week Kathleen has her Translab surgery on Wednesday (House Clinic) and Debbi L. has her Cyber Knife treatment at Stanford on the 28th, 29th and 30th.  Oh, yeah, I have my 2-year MRI on Friday (Aug.1) which is also my 38th wedding anniversary, but who's counting?  :).  Other than that, nothing new. 

The AN Treatment Calendar is here: http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments and can always supply info on past or upcoming surgeries, radiation treatments, birthdays and other AN-related stuff.  I have it bookmarked for quick reference. 

Hope your seashore vacation was totally restful and fun. 

Jim
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 11:45:23 am by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:47:04 am »
Yes, Lori, the beach can do wonders for many things!  Hope you enjoyed your trip.  I'm from Florida, so it always feels good to get back to the ocean.

Jim, thanks for the recap - no, not much going on ;).  Congratulations on your 38th anniversary!  That certainly says a lot...Good luck w/ your MRI on Friday - you know we'll be hoping for, isn't it "boring" that Steve likes to see?

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings