Author Topic: Vickie's pain after surgery  (Read 2240 times)

charles

Vickie's pain after surgery
« on: December 25, 2005, 11:01:25 am »
My wife had surgery for Trigeminal Neuralgia in Oct to insulate this nerve and she has recovered fairly well.
But now she has a lot of tremendous pain on the right side of her face up in the cheek area and around her eye plus she has blurryness in her eyes.  She still does not have a lot of energy and has to take 5-7 tegretol tablets/day.
We went to see her Doctor on Tuesday and he is sayingh this pain is "Atypical pain" and not the same as the original Trigeminal Neuralgia.
Does any one have any suggestions on how she can get relief from this pain or does she have to live with this pain?
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all of you out there.
Charles & Vickie :)

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Re: Vickie's pain after surgery
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 12:59:34 pm »
Hi,

Looks like you're going to search the net for some info. Plug trigeminal neuralgia into Google.
I came up with 505,000 references! Here's the first one:  http://www.tna-support.org/
Hope you find something useful.......

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Vickie's pain after surgery
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 05:01:41 pm »
Charles,

try taking Neurontin. Its a nerve suppressant drug. It helps me a bit following my surgery. You could also try cortizone injections into the scalp where the operation was. Mind you, that didn't work for me but its an option.

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz