Author Topic: question about hair.....  (Read 9270 times)

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
Re: question about hair.....
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2008, 09:04:03 pm »
Hi Wendy!
Glad to see you posting again, but I'm so sorry about your back pain.  The hospital beds are really uncomfortable, but maybe that isn't the real cause.
I had alot of pain in my neck after the first surgery, and I think it was the position they held my head during the AN removal.
I hope you are feeling some better by now.......or soon will be.
I went back to the doctor and what I thought was stitches left in WAS a big scab.  The doctor said I could put an antibiotic cream on it once a day, and within 4 days, it fell off!!!!!!
I was able to get my hair cut last Friday, so it looks much better......at least it is evened up in the front.
I STILL can't take a "real" shower yet......still have to keep that ear dry for another week.
I noticed someone posted about depression on here.  I have a brochure from the doctor that said "it's normal to have down days and depression for awhile after this surgery".  I have felt that way, too.  My hubby golfs every Sat. and Sun., and that got to me this weekend.  I don't feel like I can drive yet, so I had a long talk with him about feeling so alone.  He still went golfing today, but at least he is still able to live his life.  I don't want his life to stop.
I know it will get better.  Just takes time.
I was glad to read all the other posts from everyone.  I didn't realize that the incesions are different with the different kind of surgeries.
Thanks everyone, for answering me.
Lacey

Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

lacey7

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2008, 09:13:36 pm »
One other question.
Did anyone get a yeast infection either from the antibiotic, or steriods?  I have a bad one, that after taking 3 different treatments from the drug store, still won't go away.
I will call my GYN tomorrow and try to get in to see her.
Just curious to see if the strong antibiotics did that to anyone else.
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 09:34:53 pm »
Hi Lacey,

Every time I have a bad sinus infection and need antibiotics I end up with a yeast infection.  There is a pill the Dr can prescribe and you normally only need the one and it kills the yeast infection in its tracks.  I can't remember the name.  There are a few nurses on this forum I'm sure they know the name.  I think its call Duflucan...something like that.  My memory is great these days.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

wendysig

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 07:49:16 am »
Hi Lacey,
It sounds like you are feeling better except for the yeast infection. Sorry to hear you still can't take a realy shower yet but I'm sure the haircut perked you up. Did hte doc give you any idea of when you'll be able to take a real shower?   It's amazing how the little things we've always taken for granted can make us so happy.   I am on a strong antibiotic right now because of my leaky head and although I don't have a yeast infection (yet) this is a concern for me since it happened to me once in the past.   I am thinking of getting Dannon's Actiiva yogurt in the hope of heading one off -- I've heard it helps although I'm not sure it would help once you have the infection.  Getting to the gyno is a good idea.

I had a lot of post-op neck pain too and  asked my doctor if my back pain could be from my neck. He said it was possible although he thought the hospital beds were most likely the cause  Thanks to Tammy's suggestion I asked him if I could see a chiropractor and he gave me his okay.  I'm very hopeful this will help.

Take care and I wish you a much smoother and speedy recovery,

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2008, 01:27:52 pm »
Anne Marie,

I think you're right - I recall the name of that one time thing to be Diflucan.  Also, eat lots of yogurt to keep the healthy bacteria - healthy (for lack of a better word..).

Lacey - glad you were able to get a haircut!  I know I felt a lot better after I was able to get one!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2008, 01:32:03 pm »
The, um, yogurt, can always be well, uh, applied topically.  As long as it's plain.  :D  It works.
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

lacey7

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2008, 08:22:52 pm »
REALLY???????  I never knew that.  Applied topically?????????  Humm.........................
Wish I would have known that last weekend...  Never heard of that.  Thanks, tho.  I do have an appt. tomorrow at 2pm with the GYN.
Thanks everyone.  I can't stand this anymore! 
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.