Author Topic: Greetings from Kathleen!!!  (Read 3688 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Greetings from Kathleen!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 07:12:10 am »
Kathleen -

great to hear your recovery is going so well.

I don't know how you'd shampoo and still keep the incision dry, but to remove the "gunk", you can use Dawn dishwashing detergent.  I kid you not!  ;D  You literally shampoo with it.

This little tidbit was passed along to us by Lori67 - it worked wonders on my hair post BAHA surgery.  Wish I would have known about it when I had my AN surgery.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 07:56:12 am »
Kathleen- Well, if you are worryung about your hair, you are definitely feeling better!!  I would ask the doctor about this. I was able to shampoo on Day 5, using baby shampoo.  He said to avoid all other products  :( but that was okay.  I was able to get the goo out of my hair in 2 shampoos with just the baby shampoo, but I don't think my surgeons used the industrial-strength goo that some other surgeons use... 

I hope you have a calm and uneventful week (uneventful is always what we want after brain surgery, right!?) 

Big hugs coming your way,
Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 01:45:06 pm »
Hey Kathleen,
Sitting on a shower bench with a hand held spray, my husband held saran wrap over the incision while I carefully washed. He was completely undone by the stress of it and wouldn't do it after the first time but that's all I needed for a while.  After that I used a shower cap, pulled as much of my hair out as I could while protecting the incision and washed away.  Good luck!
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

windy

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 03:54:04 pm »
Kathleen,

I remembered reading your post and knew that you were having surgery.  I am so glad you are doing well.  I kept you in my prayers.  I hope your recovery goes very well for you!!
Windy
* Diagnosed w/AN (9mm x 11mm x 9mm) - 6-10-08
* GK @ UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford - 8-5-08
* Stable MRI - Aug. 2009
* 2 MM's Growth - Aug. 2010
* Lost 60% Hearing - Dec. 2010
* More Growth?? - Wait & Watch - Jan. 2012
* 1 MM Shrinkage - Aug. 2012
* 2 MM's Shrinkage - Aug. 2013
* Slight Shrinkage - Aug. 2014