Author Topic: ANer Mark Ruffalo in Rumor Has It.  (Read 3945 times)

okiesandy

ANer Mark Ruffalo in Rumor Has It.
« on: January 08, 2006, 01:05:11 pm »
  Last week I went to see the movie Rumor Has it with Jennifer Anniston, Shirly McClain and Kevin Costner. Fellow ANer Mark Ruffalo was in the movie as Jennifer's boyfriend. I watched him like a hawk. He seems to have a slight lip problem. He is so cute it looks like a part of his charm. Many in my office have seen the movie and none knew he had an AN or that there was any thing different. Good movie and a great inspiration to us all. Life does go on for us.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

stein78

Re: ANer Mark Ruffalo in Rumor Has It.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 08:35:47 pm »
Wow I didn't even know he was a fellow ANer until I read this! 
29 years old
2.5cm AN - left side
Removed May 10th, 2005
Dr. John Leonetti & Dr. Douglas Anderson
Loyola University Medical Center
Chicago, IL

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 08:39:11 pm »
His story is really inspiring since he dealt with facial paralysis....  I believe he had surgery at the House.

Gary
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

okiesandy

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 09:21:47 pm »
I can't remember where he had surgery. Not HEI. A a lady surgeon in New York I seem to remember that. Maybe? His story was in the ANA news letter. Maybe someone would be so kind as to share it with us.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK

Kathyaquino

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 01:18:40 am »
I read Mark Ruffalo's story, and he said that his facial paralysis lasted for a year.  I am surprised that his facial muscles have come back so much that you can't even tell he had any paralysis.  He didn't say if the facial muscles came back by themselves or if he had some kind of therapy, but I'd really like to know if he did try therapy or even surgery to make his face look so normal.  If I remember correctly he said that the facial paralysis was quite severe.  Maybe he was just one of the lucky ones.  Anyway, he really is cute & I'm so happy for him.

Kathy

SKT

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 08:40:50 am »
I too was watching him like a hawk in the movie.  I wonder which side it was on and what type of surgery he had - at one stage, when he was hugging Jennifer  Anniston , his back was to the camera, and I thought I spotted the scar behind his ear.

okiesandy

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 11:47:23 pm »
I would guess it was on the left side. They kept his right side to the camera most of the time. When he was hugging Jennifer it was the left side back that was exposed and I noticed a slight bulge at one time that could have been a fat pad or part of the surgical scar. When he talked the left upper lip did not have a lot of movement.  I feel like a Peeping Tom. A  AN friend told me there was a article in Parade Mag. last year about him and the surgery. Will have to look it up. If he does not prove there is a life after AN, then nothing will. Dang, he's cute. I'm old, I mean that in a motherly way of course ;) I read somewhere that his self-confidence was fairly well shot at one point. Maybe this is the boost he needed. I think he did a really good job. Guess I will have to go back and watch it and quit looking for the scar and lip movement.
Cyberknife 1/2006
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK

DeniseSmith

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 11:02:14 am »
i saw the movie, and had no idea. i know everyone on this website is real.... but for me it really helps toactually see someone that has overcome and adjusted to this life changing event.  I think MF is an inspiration for me and right now I need one.

Dave_S121

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 07:43:02 am »
As long as were talking about celeb's, has anyone heard any further follow-up on Country Music singer John
Michael Montgomery?  He was diagnosed, I believe, last spring.  He apologize on his web site because his balance problems made him appear drunk during a performance.  Shortly after he was diagnosed.  At the time his web site also said he was going to LA for further treatment and that was the last I heard. 
68 years old
2.2cm AN Right side
Removed 10/20/2004 Translab
Dr. Wiet and Dr. Kazan
Hinsdale Hospital, Hinsdale, IL.

okiesandy

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 05:58:08 pm »
I have been trying to find that out myself. That just seemed to fade away. We need more inspiration from people that are in the public eye. Wonder if there are more?

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK