Author Topic: Mammogram, ladies?  (Read 9269 times)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: Mammogram, ladies?
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 03:22:25 pm »
We girls have all the fun!
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2008, 12:51:57 am »
I have a funny mammogram story.  Or at least it was funny at the time.  Years ago I lived in Tillamook County, OR and went into the town of Tillamook to have my mammogram done. Tillamook county is a big dairy area, with the famous Tillamook Cheese Factory at the top of the tourist list.  Anyway, I was getting this done, and I asked the technician if she got tired of doing this.  She said, Oh it's not so bad, but some days I go home and think I've been milking cows all day long..."   I started to laugh and I was in the process of this exam, and I couldn't move and laugh at the same time, and I had a heck of a time trying to not laugh.

We have the digital mammograms now, too, and they were easier to get through, except for my last one, because they called me back in for a 6 month check because I get those calcifications, and she darn near killed me!  She's talking away, and I'm like, ouch, ouch, OUCH, stop, OUCH!  She didn't stop, and we got through it, but, Good Golly Miss Molly, that did hurt.  I hope they don't do that every time I go in now. 

My mother died from breast cancer back in the early 1960's, when he was only 40, so I keep a close eye on it.  But, the tech said that what young women get is entirely different from what most older women get.  I guess.  I don't know.  I guess there are a lot of different types of breast cancer.  None of which I want to experience, thank you very much.

Anyway, I joined this thread late, but thought I'd share my Tillamook story!

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Cheryl R

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 08:17:05 am »
I am glad you posted your mammogram story as that is so funny.       I just had mine this week so it is all fresh on the brain.           I am from a rural area but not the dairy area of Iowa.     
Thanks for the smile of the day (even if it is lopsided)
                                            Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care