Author Topic: CK 1 month followup  (Read 2228 times)

shoegirl

CK 1 month followup
« on: January 13, 2006, 01:43:01 pm »
Hi! All,

I am not sure if I should post this here or in post treatment but I think newbies would benefit from it being in the radiation section of the forum.

Well, I am happy to say I had my 1 month followup appt. with my Neuro ENT and all is well!  Had my hearing tested today and there is no change so far.  Makes me very happy, as I would have been deaf in my AN ear had I had surgery(due to location of the tumor).  Hair loss is not bad and I feel really good.  Anxious for my first post-CK MRI.  Hopefully in March.

Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Best Wishes! Suzanne
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Mark

Re: CK 1 month followup
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 02:59:04 pm »
Suzanne,

That's great news! Sounds like everything has gotten off to a great start other than the hair loss part. Just as a caution from one who has been there, don't be surprised if you have some occassional symptoms over the upcoming months. Something like a quick episode of vertigo can happen over the first 6-12 months post treatment as the AN and nerves react to the radiation. 99% of the time anything of that type will be very brief and not that disruptive. I've talked to a number of people who got discouraged because they thought if nothing happened after the first few weeks , then nothing ever would. The reactions can happen over a period of time, if they occur, but are certainly much better than the usual recovery from surgery for sure.

Keep the great reports coming!   :)

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

okiesandy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 05:52:56 pm »
Suzanne,

Good girl. I am so happy for you. Hair grows back. Hope the tumor doesn't.

I have finished my first week after CK and only have slight numb feeling on my cheek and a small bruise feeling on the left back of my head. Actualy tinnitus is better and balance is not better just changed. Nothing else. I am going to keep the positive and hope for the best. My Doctor told me there is never a way to tell what will happen. Some never have any symptoms and others go throught the list. Either way it does not mean failure or success, just symptoms or no symptoms.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 04:11:09 pm »
really pleased for you Suzanne,

It's always a buzz to hear good news and we need all the good news we can get.

It's these kind of stories that will push me towards either GK or CK. I would stay away from translab as much as possible especially as I am self employed and could not cope with a lengthy "down time" Look forward to future positive posts.

cheers

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz