Author Topic: Headphones for SSD following surgery  (Read 2805 times)

joebloggs

Headphones for SSD following surgery
« on: October 12, 2008, 10:12:24 am »
Hi All,

I'm just doing some research so I'm able to adapt as best as possible to life post Translab - anyway found these headphones online (they're from the US, but I think they ship all over).  They put stereo sound into one headphone so when you're SSD you can hear all the noise that normally goes into two headphones!  Sounds like good times to me!

Couldn't find any other posts like this, so just thought some of you might like to know

http://scansound.com/xcart/home.php?cat=269

Cheers!

JoeBloggs
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

MKLady

Re: Headphones for SSD following surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 08:20:53 am »
Thanks for the info!  I've been wondering where I could find ear phones for one ear.

Susan
Translab 4/10/2008; 1.3 cm; total facial paralysis left side.

Zanybrainy

• Surgery 01/24/05 4.0cm, Colorado Springs, CO Retro
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 10:43:01 am »
My husband went to Radio Shack and purchase a little jack that you can plug in to headphones you already have and they are turned into mono phones.  Very inexpensive and it works.  My head does this all by itself when I am not using headphones, an added perk? Blessings, Cath
Retrosigmoid, January 24, 2005
4 cm "stuck" to brainstem
Memorial Hospital, Colorado Springs

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 03:34:58 pm »
Thanks for the information.  I've been walking everyday, using my IPOD, and felt dumb, wearing one headphone, with the other one dangling down!
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 10:12:54 pm »
I have a mono plug for my iPod which was recommended to me by Clifton (another forum member who is a musician)

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=5169.0

It was very inexpensive (aka cheap) and it works wonders.  I highly recommend it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways