Author Topic: nauseous everyday??  (Read 2672 times)

cin605

nauseous everyday??
« on: October 09, 2008, 02:02:28 pm »
Hi Folks-Any insight??I have been sick to my stomach everyday for about 3 weeks...since my 3 month follow up MRI at Dartmouth.I saw my primary after & he said i had lot of postnasel drip & put me on antibiotic for 5 days that was 8 days ago.I am on Nexium & no....i am not pregnant  ;D also its very very sore at incision site.my moth will not stop watering like i am going to be sick & its mainly on the left side AN was on the right.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

GeorgiaMei

Re: nauseous everyday??
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 10:27:06 pm »
Hi cin605.  I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. I can't offer any advise re: the symptoms directly, but have you spoken with your surgeon as well as your primary about your symptoms?  It'd be worth a surgical consult I think, considering the postnasal drip and pain.  Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.   
3.3cm x 2.6cm : Translab resect 3/08
Post-op epilepsy , multiple clots in brain sinuses
Chronic H/A, Facial paralysis, Imbalance, Vertigo
CN VIII removed-deaf in R ear
Received amazing care from Drs. Roberson and Colen at CEI/Stanford (www.californiaearinstitute.com)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:10:53 am »
Hi:

I'm sorry to learn of these post-op problems.  I'm not a doctor and cannot offer you any credible medical advice but the nausea and other symptoms may not be directly related to your AN.  You definitely need to consult another doctor and consider a cause other than your AN surgery.  Beyond that, I can offer my prayers for you and hope that this issue is resolved satisfactory, as soon as possible.  Please let us know if and when that happens.  Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cin605

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 02:20:59 pm »
i just came from primary care i have an infected lympnode on the same side if my swollen tongue....

does anyone know if they always cut suboccipital muscles during surgery?could this expain my unsteadines&heavy head?

43yrs old

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 03:50:42 pm »
Hey there,
I'm sorry--this does not sound like fun for you.  Did your primary care doctor contact your surgeon?  Or maybe you already did. I think that's what I would do,   :(  Anyway, get better soon.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

cin605

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 07:38:25 pm »
Thank You Marci.
Yes , he did & surgeon said if i am still off balance,dizzy.nauseous on Monday to call him.I have a good hunch i will be calling him.
43yrs old

cin605

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 07:36:42 pm »
Good News...I believe my tongue is drainig & swelling is going down this is why i have been nauseous...Doctor will not say that this is what is going on ut i have a draining coming down from that same side my tongue was swollen on & tastes funny.Doc says infected lyphnod which is directly below tongue...coincidence..I don't think so.
43yrs old

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 08:08:53 am »
Kind of a good news/bad news I guess.  I hope it resolves quickly.  It's your turn to have a run of good luck I think!
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

cin605

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 08:08:03 pm »
Hi Folks-
My tongue is not so swollen anymore....but nausea coming from drainage of what they are now calling a hemotoma from trachial tube is driving me crazy.i talked to Dr. today they said they want to seee me back at dartmouth to call for app. w/ ENT monday,as he was out sick & they cancelled my app. for 3 month follow up.
I am just not really excited for 2 hour drive,getting a driver & getting there for them to say wait,watch PATIENCE ...you ARE healing.See you back in 2months.
 ::)
43yrs old