Author Topic: My Four Month Update  (Read 5576 times)

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: My Four Month Update
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 06:23:13 pm »
highlight it and copy it and then go to you new topic scroll over the icons above and find insert image and then paste your direct link that you copied into the middle (that will make more sense once you click on insert image) Magically it will appear.
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

calimama

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 01:55:49 pm »
hey Michelle,

Thanks for sharing your photos, feelings, fears and findings (that's a lot of "f's" from someone who can't make the sound properly at the moment!).

I hope that one day (in the not too distant future) you can look back on this and find that you have recovered from most if not all of these challenges.

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 02:30:18 pm »
Right back at yah Trish. Great things are coming our way. It is almost Thanksgiving here in Canada and I have lots to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving Canadian friends.
Michelle
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 03:33:20 pm »
Yes Michelle we really do have a lot to be thankful for.  I'll be in NYC hopefully meeting up with Wendy and Jersey Girl.  I'm celebrating and cooking family next weekend for all of men in my life ;)  I love Thanksgiving....no pressure. 

Michelle you look gorgeous in your pictures.  Thanks for sharing.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Jeanlea

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 08:23:04 pm »
Michelle,

I really liked your post.  Your pictures reminded me of where my face was after a few months.  Your post should help other people as they are going through this process.  I'm glad that you were able to accept what happened and are happy and working again.  I do think working, if possible, really helps in the long, long process of healing. 

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Pembo

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 07:40:00 am »
Michelle, Your 4 mo update sounds very familiar to mine...over four years ago. I hate the word Patience too but in looking back you will be able to see your progress. Ask your eye doc about a punctual plug, it has helped me and I use Restasis. I went from lacrilube all day everyday to never using it again. :)

Stay strong.............
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 08:03:10 am »
Michelle, what do I say? :) thank you SO SO very much for sharing all that you have shared. A shining star to share such details with all for others to learn and grow... I commend you!

You know you got the huggles... and a few extra thrown in for good measure.

Rawk on! :)
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"