Author Topic: One month til Translab...hmmm  (Read 5236 times)

hannie

Re: One month til Translab...hmmm
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 09:48:01 am »
32 to dinner?! I stress if i have to cook for one extra guest!

NL

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 02:40:51 pm »
Hey Cindy,

Depending on your plans on the 5th, we could always meet somewhere other than St. Vincent's. I'm sure David & Lainie would be open to meeting down near the beach, too. (There are lot of nice spots far from mudslide-prone Malibu.:))

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

cindyj

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 06:53:53 pm »
Hi Nancy,

You know, whatever will be convenient for you guys - it is just so nice of ya'll to want to try to meet up and I'm so grateful and excited about meeting you all.  I gave David my pre-op schedule for the 6th...we can be very flexible on the 5th.  A bit tied up on the 7th ;)

How is it to be back at work?
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

NL

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 08:30:12 pm »
Cindy,

The good thing about the 7th is time will just fly by for you. :) Do you know yet if you'll be a morning or afternoon surgery? Either way, David and I can fill you in on both routines - he was an early morning and I was early afternoon.

I eased back into work last week by working Wednesday through Friday - and slept very well Wednesday night! Other than initial adjustment of getting up early for a change, my energy level at work seems about where it was before surgery - maybe a little better since I'm not exhausting myself with worry over the AN! I ended up taking the full time off I had initially requested instead of trying to go back sooner, and I'm sure that helped, too.

We'll figure something out regarding everyone's schedule in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to finally meeting you in person!

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

cindyj

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 08:42:50 pm »
I'm scheduled for the early afternoon session - I'll be having caffeine withdrawal by that point (I'm a Coke-aholic)!

Glad to hear things went ok for you last week.  Sure it must feel good to be getting back to a "normal" schedule.

See you guys soon!

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

cindyj

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 07:38:00 pm »
I'm doing fine, thanks, Donnalynn.   Still haven't had any time to get nervous about the surgery as I haven't had much time to really think about it.  Although, I will say, I had an odd moment today as I was sitting in the waiting room at my doctor's office (for my sprained ankle :P). For some reason at one point, I could barely hear the person calling patient names.  It was like a sample of what it may be like to be SSD, as I will be shortly.  Can't really explain it, but it did hit me in a strange way...

Anyway, I am doing the required nesting - much organizing and cleaning this past weekend :D.  Still a lot to do...

Thanks for checking on me!

Cindy
feeling great!

cindyj

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 11:29:35 am »
Yes, Cheri, I can't wait to meet the LA Welcoming Committee!  If I don't think about things too much, this trip almost feels like a pleasure trip instead of a medical one.  Get to meet new friends, see the Pacific, maybe shop a bit...just a little surgery on the side!  (Glad to hear you may feel up to getting out today!)

About the Magic Scarf, is Mathilda still going to be there by the time I get there?  If not, I suppose she could leave it with the Seton people til I arrive...I look forward to seeing it and the journal!  I need to look at the calendar to see who should receive it next...maybe it will be a guy this time???

Donnalynn, what a cute idea about the warm, fuzzy bear/blanket!  When I had my first breast cancer surgery, the Susan G Komen people brought me the cutest, cuddly pink bear while I was in the hospital - it was so nice to have. 

I have gone in to Adrian Monk mode - I'm working on training Brad to hand me an antibacterial wipe like Monk's assistant does everytime I have to touch something out in public ::)   

cindy
feeling great!