Author Topic: Still here  (Read 4286 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Still here
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 09:48:08 pm »
Debbie -

if you really want to do the BAHA surgery in Lori's garage, I'll supply the whiskey.  And I could ask my doc if I could borrow his drill, although if I recall correctly he had to borrow it himself from Cochlear America.

Perhaps Lori's husband James has a spare one that we could use  ;)

The self-insurance sounds like a definite possibilty; let's keep our fingers crossed.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

oHIo

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 11:13:19 pm »
Jan,
It won't take much whiskey to anesthetize me, so you can have the leftovers  ;) 

Spare drill, hammer, chizel, whatever.  I won't really care if I'm whiskeyed up enough.  (Is whiskeyed a word, Jim Scott?)

I'll keep my fingers, eyes, toes crossed.  I miss my right ear.  It's just so darn obvious when you have to turn all the way around to eavesdrop.  ;D  Then there's totally missing the conversation you were supposed to hear two feet away from you on your deaf side. 

LADavid

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 08:26:26 pm »
Debbie
Great to hear from you!  And it's great to hear things have gone so well -- except of course for the insurance company - which we all know who has been placed here on Earth to make an otherwise pleasant experience disagreeable.
And about the synkinesis -- you say it's mild -- but if you have any issues with it please feel free to PM me about it.  I'll be glad to share with you my experience and physical therapy in dealing with it.

Best wishes
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 09:42:11 pm »
Debbie -

whiskeyed is indeed a word - at least in my dictionary  ;)

As for the leftovers, I'll gladly take them off your hands  ;D

I know what you mean about having to turn your whole body around to hear a conversation.  I did that so many times pre-BAHA I could have screamed.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

oHIo

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 09:26:01 am »
Thanks David, I may do that.  By the way, GREAT article in the ANA newsletter.  I can now say I know a REAL celebrity. 

Jan, I still have a lot of balance/wonky head issues, so turning my head all over trying to find out where people are standing and if they are really talking to me, gives me a rush.  I have very sensitive hearing in my good ear.  I was at a store the other day and heard someone say, "May I help you?"  When I finally figured out who was saying it, it was a salesperson that was a good 100 feet away, talking to another customer.  I didn't answer, thank goodness.  Lesson learned: When you see people standing in a store, appearing to be talking to themselves, they may not really be crazy.  ;)