Author Topic: Update on Cindy  (Read 2050 times)

cindyj

Update on Cindy
« on: November 08, 2008, 02:02:09 pm »
Hello All!

First of all, let me thank you all for this fantastic site; can't imagine going through something like this without you guys.  It has been such a joy and inspiration to read all the wonderful posts.  I feel that I know you all.

Cindy is doing well -- just not feeling well.  Lots of problem w/nausea.  Doc says to give her time.  We're just so very grateful that the tumor is all gone and there were no surprises.  Hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Thanks again from Brad and I for your thoughts and prayers.

"Mom"
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Kaybo

Re: Update on Cindy
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 02:12:38 pm »
Mom~
Thanks for the update - so glad that she is doing well.  As I always say, "Slow & steady wins the race!!"  Please take care of you & her sweet hubby too so you can be there and be strong for her.  As my hubby would say to Brad, "just get ready to be VERY patient!"  Prayers still coming your way - give Cindy a big hug for me!!
 ;D
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

NL

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 02:20:37 pm »
Yeah Mom!

Thanks so much for coming on-line and sending an update. The docs are right, she'll feel better with every passing day - it will just take time.  Please send her our love and good wishes - and as K said - take care of yourself, too!

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

MKLady

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 07:35:11 pm »
Hi Cindy's Mom,

I'm Cindy's AN friend from GA.  That is fantastic news!  I'm so glad things went well.  Please let Cindy know that she and all of you are still in my prayers.

Susan
Translab 4/10/2008; 1.3 cm; total facial paralysis left side.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 10:34:10 pm »
Hi, Mom -

thanks for the update on Cindy.

I can relate to the nausea - it was a major problem for me for at least 4 or 5 days post op and all the meds they gave me for it didn't make a dent  :P

Cindy just needs some time and things will get better.  She'll probably continue not to feel well for a short time, but the first few days post op are typically the hardest.  My own mother just told me a few days ago that I looked terrible for the first three days post op, which was something I never realized at the time.

Thanks for being there for Cindy.  Moms are the greatest  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 06:40:15 am »
Hi Mom and thank you for this update!  We're not only here for Cindy, but for you and Brad and all as well..... you are just as important during this "journey".

My husband, Iain, and I had the genuine pleasure of meeting Cindy this past summer when we came to Atlanta (my mom is in Alpharetta) and gave Cindy healiing huggles then... please extend our congrats on being a "postie" (post-AN treatment) and continued wishes of wellness to her. Please remember to take care of yourself as well.

Hang in there!
Phyllis (and Iain, the bloke)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Mathilda

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 11:54:47 am »
Thanks Mom

It was wonderful to meet Cindy, you, Brad and Nancy on the beautiful look-out spot in Santa Monica last wednesday. I'm glad things went well and that Cindy is recovering. I agree that the first 4 days were quite an ordeal but after that things will start to look a little better every day. Before you know it she will be walking around and wanting to eat again. During my first week I'm sure I lost about 8 pounds, but the second week I made up for that.
Please send my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Cindy and also all the best to you and Brad. Hopefully he will see Cindy feeling a little better before he has to go back to Georgia. Take care !

Mathilda
Diagnosed in 2006. Recent growth from 7 to 11mm.
Middle fossa surgery at House Ear Clinic on October 16th 2008.
With the results I hoped for: hearing saved; no facial problems.
Just wobbly headed; in need of patience ;)

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 12:54:24 pm »
I'm so happy for all of you and glad to hear Cindy is doing well.  I know it must have been tense and anxious for you Mom and Brad waiting those hours for a loved one. 

Now for Cindy's recovery, I pray it will be swift and a full recovery for her!  Yay to Cindy you're a "postie". 

Take your time dear, don't expect too much of yourself, stay hydrated and I hope to hear from you when you are ready!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 02:01:20 pm »
Thanks Mom, for the update.  Please tell Cindy to hang in there; the worst is over and the best is yet to come!
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 04:08:49 pm »
Hi, Cindi's Mom:

We all appreciate the update and hope that the nausea has begun to abate somewhat by now.  If not, it will.  This is a very common after-effect of the surgery.  The anesthesia Cindy was given is probably the culprit.  If the hospital meds don't quell it, time will, as her body slowly passes the anesthesia and returns to it's normal functioning.  If she can sleep a lot these first few days, all the better, even if its in short naps.  The fatigue is a real surprise to most post-op AN patients but can be handled by getting as much rest as possible.

You and your husband have really been there for Cindy - and this is commendable.  I'm sure your love and attention will greatly aid in her recovery.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.