Author Topic: Pooter and MsMaggie Meet!  (Read 2607 times)

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Pooter and MsMaggie Meet!
« on: November 29, 2008, 09:42:09 pm »
Today, MsMaggie and I (and our lovely spouses) met up for lunch!  As many of you know, MsMaggie is due for surgery on 12/10, so we wanted to meet up face to face before the big day!  It was a great lunch and we have a great time!  (Thanks for lunch, btw!).  MsMaggie and her husband were very gracious and nice.

I hope we can do it again sometime (next time, it's on us!).  Without further adieu, here's the pic!

Kindest regards,

Brian

Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Kaybo

Re: Pooter and MsMaggie Meet!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 09:56:49 pm »
Love it!!  Glad y'all got to meet - hope we can get together over Christmas!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 10:58:50 pm »
Lookin' good! Casual luncheons with brain surgery as the main topic are always fun. :)

Lovely spouses indeed, Brian - hint hint?  ::)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

NL

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 01:08:20 am »
Brian,

How great that you got to meet! Seems like there are quite a few forumites in Texas! MsMaggie - best of luck on your upcoming surgery!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Nancy L
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

cindyj

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 09:41:37 am »
Hey Brian!

Great picture - thanks for sharing with us!  I know first hand how GREAT it is to meet someone that is post-op prior to going into your own surgery...I know it meant and will mean a lot to MsMaggie as she heads into surgery and as she is recovering in those first few days.  It really does give confidence and comfort!

Looks like it was a fun, Texas lunch!  Take care and GOOD LUCK MsMaggie - keep us posted as you can,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 10:07:17 am »
Thanks for the pictures, Brian.

It's always nice to see our fellow forumites and now I can put a face with Jenni's name.

I'm with Steve, any plans for you and Jenni to re-tie that knot?  (BTW, you are under no obligation to answer that; I'm just wondering)  :)

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 10:44:31 am »
Brian,
Thanks for posting the pic-you all look great.  MsMaggie, best of luck to you.
Warmly,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

LADavid

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 02:30:05 pm »
Great picture, Brian.  As Steve said there is nothing quite so stimulating as the discussion of brain surgery over a meal -- smiles all around.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 02:32:47 pm »
Hey Brian, You beat me to it!  It's just as well because it would have taken me weeks to figure out how to put my identical picture up for viewing :D :D.

Brian and his absolutely darling sweetie (did you see how cute she is?) were nice enough to meet Mark and I so we could learn something about what is ahead for us.  Brian was able to answer lots of questions, and Jenni's advice for Mark as a caregiver was invaluable.  I suspect Mark has been feeling even more surreal than I am because this is not going on in his head and I have been adamant about making all the decisions myself.  I didn't want to be able to blame someone else for anything I was not happy with, if that makes sense at all.  I didn't want to feel like I was pressured into anything.  Poor Mark has been his usual patient self, supporting and loving me the best he can.  Jenni's input made him feel like he is part of this deal.  Brian looked amazing.  If it weren't for his "bada$$" scar, you would not know what he has been through.  Gave me a lot of encouragement!
Now if I can just blink my eyes or twitch my nose, then I can finish the shopping, do all the lesson plans, address Christmas cards, decorate the house, and throw a party for my kids at school, then I will be all set!  In my dreams ;) :D.

I wil have my kids post for me when the big day comes.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

wendysig

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 05:56:22 pm »
Brian -
Great picture -- you look fantastic and thanks for posting it!  Of course, it's great to see your respective spouses too.  A for a stimulating conversation about brain surgery over lunch, I can totally relate.  I had lunch with Debbi, Eve and Joe 6 days prior to my surgery and it did help a lot!  Maggie I hope you or your hubby will be keeping us posted -  good luck on the 10th.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 02:38:53 pm »
I can provide all the twitching you need to get it done!  :)

I really did enjoy the lunch!  It's nice to know that we helped in our own small way.  You have my cell number if you need anything.. Give it to someone who'll know how you're doing after surgery.  I can bug them.  :)

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 02:57:56 pm »
Great picture!  And, Brian, it was nice to finally see the beautiful Jenni! 

Priscilla, is Mark going to let us know how you are doing after surgery?  You know we'll all be clamouring for information...

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 04:05:33 pm »
Hi Debbi,
I am going to let my kids keep you guys updated.  Mark uses the computer only when he needs to, and to add to that, he's a man who believes in using as few words as possible!  Andrew and Meredith are much more likely to give you the indepth details, and as most kids and young adults do these days, they communicate VERY welll on a computer!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.