Author Topic: This Week (Nov 30) in the Really Quiet AN World  (Read 3087 times)

LADavid

This Week (Nov 30) in the Really Quiet AN World
« on: November 30, 2008, 02:25:49 pm »
If last week was quiet, this week is even more so.  We have two events, both on Wednesday, December 3.

First up Val from Ontario, Canada is having a Translab in Toronto.  Best wishes for a very successful surgery and a speedy recovery.  Did you plan your post-recovery vacation yet?

And on Wednesday, I have my first year anniversary -- which actually seems like another lifetime ago.  Since I wasn't around on the Forum last year, I'm posting an ICU picture.  This shot was taken just minutes after arriving in the ICU.  If I had known was I was in for, I don't think I would be all that happy.

Have a great week everyone.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: This Week (Nov 30) in the Really Quiet AN World
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 03:11:45 pm »
Val -

best wishes for a very successful surgery and a very swift recovery.  See you soon as a postie  :)

David -

I can't believe it's been a whole year since your surgery - times flies.  I hope you're much happier now than you were in that ICU post op.

If nothing else, I hope those of us on this forumite have eased your journey a little in the past year.

Best wishes for many, many more non-growth anniversaries.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 04:31:09 pm »
David:

Thanks for the photo.  Wishing Val a successful surgery and you, David, a good one-year anniversary as you slowly but surely heal and recover.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 05:52:02 pm »
Tomorrow I have two MRIs and a CT scan... brain and neck MRIs and a CT scan of head

hoping that get some answers from them and can start getting somewhere...seems I was moving along
well first 6-8 month with noticeable progress with a few bumps but have been stalled out since ...

Spitting snow here which they say will turn to all rain...crossing fingers it does ...long drive up in bad
weather is not something I want to do... our and a half to two hours depending on traffic in
good weather

Good picture ... I don't think I looked that happy til 5 or 6 days out...wish I had thought of pictures but
it was one of the last things on my mind
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 06:13:17 pm »
Wow one year... time flies when yer havin' fun!  ::)
Think of how far you've come, how much you have learned and how much you have helped others.
Thanks for sharing and being there for us.
Hugs Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 06:52:12 pm »
David, it doesn't look like you have facial weakness in that picture. Did it start later?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

LADavid

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 07:21:17 pm »
Hi Sara -- I did have problems with the eye right at the start.  But the serious droop didn't come until a day or two later.  The droop didn't go away until March closely follow by the synkinesis.  By the way, I didn't mention this either -- for all of you who have been following the synkinesis issue and for those of you who have it, I start Botox treatment on Friday.

And Jan, without my Forum family, my friends at Social Security, and the Screen Actors Guild Foundation, I would be in a world of hurt today.  In spite of the issues I've been dealing with, I have been blessed.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kaybo

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 09:27:43 pm »
David~
I guess we are just glad that we found this forum when we did...a few months after surgery for you and a few (12) years for me!!   ;D  WE are glad you found it too!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 10:18:51 pm »
I think we all have been blessed  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 10:57:02 am »
Thanks Dave for the updates and for the photo.  It seems like when these things are happening, time is in slow motion.  It takes forever to get to the treatment days and the post treatment time can be long and drawn-out, and then, bam, it's a year later.   

So glad you wandered into the Forum and into the lives of other AN'ers.  You are a treasure.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 11:32:47 am »
I just want to say I wish my calendar was as quiet as the AN calendar this week.

David, the prognosis for delayed facial weakness is much better than for immediate paresis. Hang in there!

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

LisaP

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 06:11:27 am »
Hi David

Thanks for the update, it continues to scare me as I read about other people's journeys after surgery since I continue on a watch and wait.  My next MRI is in Jan of 09.  I too thank "GOD" for this forum and each night I say goodnight to my brother picture that sits by my bed.  His memory continues to give me the strength to deal with this AN each day.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 06:35:17 am »
Thanks David, as always, for keeping us updated.  Val--best wishes on your surgery.  David, I'm impressed by your ICU picture.  Even drugged I would have killed anyone who came near me with a camera.  But, once an actor, always an actor I guess!
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 03:38:06 pm »
David,

Happy 1 year anniversary to  the "new you." Your work as the calendar keeper on this Forum is so appreciated, you are a real treasure.  When I get out there to visit my favorite cousin in LA I can't wait to meet you!

Keep up the good work, And Val, good luck with you surgery--keep us posted.

Hugs,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

wendysig

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 06:39:01 pm »
Sending good wishes to Val for her surgery -- wishing you a successful surgery and an uneventful and speedy recovery.  I hope someone will be posting for you to update us and let us know how you are.

Soundy -- Good luck with your CT scans and MRIs.  I hope you get only good news.   ;D

David -- Happy first  ANiniversary.  I hope this year brings good things for you and resolution to the problems you are still dealing with post-op. ;D

My best to all of you,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!