Author Topic: 4 1/2 Months Post-Op  (Read 1272 times)

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
4 1/2 Months Post-Op
« on: January 02, 2009, 12:58:28 pm »
Hi All,

Just thought I'd post an update as I don't get here too often lately. At 4 1/2 months post-op I am still seeing improvements. I hardly have any "bad days" anymore, and even when I do, they aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. The most I seem to notice still is when I am very tired, I have a bit  of wonky headedness, but that gets less and less, too (I think it's probably a combination of it getting less and maybe I just work through it and don't pay much attention to it anymore).

The hearing in my AN ear is better, although not as good as before surgery.  I still get a bit off balanced at times, like today when I was taking down the Christmas tree and trying to squish down the branches to put away in the box and I was bent over and moving at the same time. I am able to do the Wii Fit more often for longer periods of time now without my head feeling weird for a while afterwards which is good, because I really think that is helping the balance.

I have my 5 month post-op appointment in a few weeks and they will do another hearing test I believe. Have no idea what else will go on. Trying to think of my questions and write them down when I think of them so I don't forget anything.

I've found that I am getting more and more back to my normal life. I've even been spending time doing some consulting work on the side.(www.katemariephotography.com and www.usabackgroundsearch.com;D It's been wonderful having 2 weeks off during the holidays, which I think has helped a lot with the fatigue.

Back to work on Monday. Actually looking forward to it!

Hope everyone has a great 2009. I'm determined that I will.  ;)

Cathy
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

marg

Re: 4 1/2 Months Post-Op
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 01:52:39 pm »
I'm happy for  you Cathy.  I had a middle Fossa surgery and totally lost my hearing in that ear (so much for my 80% chance of keeping it).  Things will get better.  I have a Wii and the Wii Fit.  I use it all the time and it has really helped me with my balance. 
Have a great 2009,
marg
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 05:08:07 pm »
Cathy:

Thanks for the very positive update on your continued recovery.  We always appreciate good news!  I trust your next post-op appointment will bring even more affirmative feedback.  Keep pushing and don't lose that positive attitude...I think it's your 'secret weapon'.  :)   I hope we all enjoy a great 2009!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 05:04:52 pm »
Cathy,
So happy to hear you're doing well.  Best wishes for the new year and may going back to work be wonderful for you.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

wendysig

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 03:00:26 pm »
Hi Cathy and Happy New Year!
It sounds like you are going great and I couldn't be happier for you.  Hopefully, your balance and hearing will continue to improve.  Hopefully 2009 will be a better year for us all.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!