Author Topic: Rocking New Years AN style!  (Read 1196 times)

joebloggs

Rocking New Years AN style!
« on: January 05, 2009, 09:09:14 am »
Just thought I'd share with you all my AN flavoured New Years with you all!!

Had a fairly memorable one, went to a bbq with some friends as we are so fond of them here in Australia.  All going well, then had my first (and hopefully last!) vertigo attack which resulted in me decorating the poor bbq boy's bathroom.  Oh dear!  My friends then thought it was a good idea to drive me back to my accommodation, stopping every so often for me to decorate someone's garden.  Alas.  Not very glamorous.  I got back and called my Mum because I was feeling a bit freaked out by the whole thing.  Woke poor mum up as it was about 11.30pm and she had faded before midnight, she woke up Dad and they freaked out a bit and called an ambulance to check on me.  Needless to say I missed the fireworks, but got to have a nice chat with some lovely ambulance people, one of whom was extremely attractive.  Sadly as I was covered in vomit, I thought it was an inopportune moment to ask for his number.  Maybe next time!

And before you all ask...I only had two drinks... having said that, as it scared me so much and was so unpleasant, I've decided to go off the drink completely just in case that brought it on.

Hope you all had a better one than me!

Cheerio
JB
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

lori67

Re: Rocking New Years AN style!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:51:12 pm »
Well, you certainly had a bbq to remember!  Although you'd probably like to forget it.   :D

I think that was a good call on holding off on the flirting with the ambulance guy.  Maybe you can try it again when you're all cleaned up!  I'm sure you'd have better luck!

I hope the rest of the year is vertigo and ambulance ride free!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

cin605

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:38:11 pm »
Wow!how exciting i was on the couch 6:30 in bed 8:30 wokeup 1:30 to make sure son was back from neighbors.
I had simular experience w/ decoraing on x-mas night,I to had 2 drinks...None since...little scarey.What happen to old Cindy??
She could down 8 coronas & still walk a traight line...hmmm...really miss her.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

lori67

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:10:37 pm »
But can the "new" Cindy walk a straight line when she doesn't have 8 Coronas?   :D

On the bright side, at least you're a cheap date!  So am I!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

joebloggs

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 11:28:47 pm »
Hey Cindy and Lori,

Glad it's not just me!  I'm definitely off the juice from now on...that was a bit too scary for my liking.

I spent all day Saturday as bridesmaid for a friend sans alcohol and it was a really great day/night - and no headache the next day!  Think I could get used to this, particularly if the vertigo stays away!

Cheerio

JB

Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!