Author Topic: Hit the gym today  (Read 2129 times)

onebadass350bird

Hit the gym today
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:35:15 pm »
I'm 14 weeks post op now and went to the gym tonight for the first time since Oct and boy did it feel great.  I went with my brother and his g/f and the hardest part was keeping my promise to everyone to not "overdo" it.  I used to go 4-5 days a week pre op, so it was nice to get back.  The funny part was, I probably limited myself to about 50% of what I used to do and my brother and his g/f were struggling to keep up, lol.  The only thing that they had on me was the treadmill as I don't walk as fast or smooth as I used.   Hopefully that'll get much better with more time.

Just thought I'd share

Tom
17 hour Retrosigmoid on 10/19/05 for removal of 4cm AN

Sanddollar

Re: Hit the gym today
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 09:35:19 am »
Glad to hear you are getting back to something you obviously love!  I am only 2 weeks post-op, but have found that when I get outside and move around that I feel so much better.  Fortunately my balance isn't a whole lot worse post-op versus pre-op, so I've been able to get moving a little sooner than some perhaps.  When things warm up, I look forward to rehab on the water - I love to windsurf and figure this will be a good balance retraining exercise.  And if you fall, it is into water! 

Thanks for sharing a good news story!
1cm x 2cm, Left side -Translab
Drs. Vrabec & Trask - Jan '06
Houston, TX
Excellent Results!!!

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Hit the gym today
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 03:59:38 pm »
Good on you Tom,

I'm with Sanddollar (not wind surfing though). But i will be hitting the gym - its probably the best way to regain my balance problems. I used to go swimming a lot for exercise but am terrified of getting water / infection in my good ear.

i did go white water rafting 2 weeks ago (man made river used for the 2000 Olympics in Sydney) and went through a number of rapids without the raft - a great buzz but brought my headaches on really bad and my good ear is now just starting to unblock properly. So swimming is out for me - I'll stick with the gym.

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz