Author Topic: To Our Aussie Friends  (Read 1919 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
To Our Aussie Friends
« on: February 09, 2009, 12:54:38 pm »
I just wanted to express my concern and sorrow at the tragic loss of life and property in the raging wildfires that is going on in Australia at the moment.  I saw some of it on the news and it is horrifying.  :'( And to think that some may be because of arsonists makes it all the more senseless and sad.   I hope that the fires will be under control soon and that no more lives are lost.   I hope all of you are safe.

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: To Our Aussie Friends
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 04:08:25 pm »

I'm with Sue on this.  So sad that this is happening in your beautiful country.  Prayers coming your way.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:11:54 pm »
I just saw this on the news.  Wow!  Hope all of you are safe and sound.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

joebloggs

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:17:53 pm »
Thanks for the wishes, it's pretty horrific.  I have just returned to Tasmania after being in Melbourne for a week having pre-op tests and it's quite frightening for the people who have loved ones out in the fire areas.  My brother is a CFA (country fire authority) volunteer and was fighting fires on Saturday and Sunday for 24 hours and is doing it all again tomorrow.  A friend of mine and her 1 month old baby are in a town called Alexandra and her partner is nearby fighting fires (also a CFA volunteer) trying to stop the fire from coming into the town.  Is horrible stuff... it just moves so fast in the high winds and the heat.  It was 46 degrees on Saturday and believe me, that is so hot it takes your breath away.  Compared to all these poor people who have lost their homes, families and neighbours, having an AN is nothing.

xx
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:37:14 pm »
I just found a site that will convert those celsius numbers and 46 degrees is over 113 F.  Yikers!  I don't know exactly the temperature, but 45 C is equal to 113 F.  So it's probably about 115-116 or so. 

So ask the Aussies about Global Warming.  They might be inclined to believe it's true, since some of their country has turned into an oven.

Hugs to your fire fighter family.

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 06:56:19 am »
joe, thanks for sharing the local update with us and wishes for your brother and his safety..... and for all those enduring this nightmare in AU.

Sue, thanks for posting this... have been keeping tabs on the news about this and hoping everyone there is feeling our energies...... you are a dear!  :-*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 09:24:27 am »
Thoughts and prayers going out to all our Aussie pals.  I sincerely hope this sad time ends for you soon.

Hugs,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW