Author Topic: life is good  (Read 2612 times)

thecakes

life is good
« on: February 09, 2006, 08:14:20 am »
   HI my life is still good.  As long as my family is happy and healthy and together, thats the main thing.  I suffered a stroke, seures, a comma, and other things during that operation, but I'm home now and happy.      try to find something to be greatful about, the cakes

matti

Re: life is good
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 09:34:30 am »
Cakes - I so agree with you. Both my husband and I have been through major medical problems, one after the other. But what always kept us going was the ability to always find the positive, even in the bleekest of situations. Life is alot different after AN surgery, but I wake up each day and always say my thanks.

Have a great day!
matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

thecakes

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 07:16:06 pm »
  Just when I'm talking about how good life is my son {he's 13} and I got in an arguement.  I know its his age, he talks so disrespectful,  My daughters were never this hard to get along with,  Now I am sad.  I love my son and I tell him so but we can't seem to get along.  I hope this is just something he's going through.  He's so mean.         sadly, the cakes

matti

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 08:20:58 pm »
Cakes - I have two boys, ages 22 and 20. There was a period of time between the ages of 12-15, when we seemed to argue alot and they really liked to push my buttons. At times they were disrespectful and I was at wits end. What I heard most of the time was, "gosh mom you are so dumb" , "you don't know what you are talking about" or "get out of here" and there is more.... ( I had to rephrase some if it)

Anyway, it does finally end, thank God! When they hit 16 on, they were so much better and now they are wonderful young men. For me, I think some of it had to do with my AN discovery and their fears and the rest was just the nasty teen hormones going haywire. They were between 12 and 15 when I was diagnosed.

Hang in there Cakes! Please don't be sad, you know he loves you.

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 09:44:52 pm »
Cakes,

I have 2 daughters 19 and 22. I advise young parents that when their kids turn 9 that their next birthday is 25! - jokingly of course. We still have our moments and kids being kids tend to be focussed on going out etc. You just gotto hang in there. hese arguments happen from time to time so after a short period, make the reconciling move - don't wait for him.

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 08:29:42 am »
TheCakes: Pick your arguements carefully, let things that can go, go. I don't look forward to the teen years that's for sure. Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

Kilroy1976

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 10:44:17 pm »
Cakes, my mom got cancer when I was about your son's age. Her cancer was in her blood and would randomly form tumors anywhere that her blood flowed. The doctors tried chemo and radiation and about everything else that they could think of, and the treatments killed her faster than any cancer could have. I don't remember why, but one day I yelled at her even though she was very sick. It has been more than 15 years now, and I still remember that shameful day as if it were yesterday. I'll remember it for the rest of my life. Your son doesn't mean it and one day he'll want to trade everything to have been nicer that day. Try hard not to let it bother you.
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida