Author Topic: MRI at the end of month  (Read 5391 times)

bern

MRI at the end of month
« on: January 06, 2009, 03:43:17 pm »
I go for my second MRI following gamma knife in july.  the first showed no change. 

I have been so sick since treatment that I hope the MRI can tell why since no one else seems to believe me.

I also see ENT for ear pain and more hearing loss on the 20th.  I need relief from all of this ear pain and ringing. 

After my appointments, I am leaving my doctors and finding another group to help me.

I spent 14 years suffering from Celiac Disease and near death but I knew I was sick and kept searching for help and found it.  So I will search again for someone to help me with this AN.

windy

Re: MRI at the end of month
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 10:04:24 pm »
I wish you well on the results of your MRI.  Also, I think it will help for you to get a fresh perspective from a new group of physicians about the problems you have faced post GK.  My thoughts are with you! 
* Diagnosed w/AN (9mm x 11mm x 9mm) - 6-10-08
* GK @ UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford - 8-5-08
* Stable MRI - Aug. 2009
* 2 MM's Growth - Aug. 2010
* Lost 60% Hearing - Dec. 2010
* More Growth?? - Wait & Watch - Jan. 2012
* 1 MM Shrinkage - Aug. 2012
* 2 MM's Shrinkage - Aug. 2013
* Slight Shrinkage - Aug. 2014

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 12:42:32 am »
Bern -

I hope your MRI gives you the answers you are looking for.

Refresh my memory.  What part of the country do you live in?

Perhaps someone near you can suggest a good group of doctors.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

bern

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 03:30:40 pm »
I live in Harrisburg, Pa.  Close to many hospitals. Milton Hershey is where I was treated.  I go for MRI Monday Jan 26. Keep your fingers crossed.  thanks

Jackie

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 04:00:19 pm »
Hello bern,

Just chiming in here, and hoping that you have great results of you MRI. I am curious about your diagnosis of Celiac's disease as my husband also is a Celiac. He on a Gluten free diet and has been for 6 years. The problem is he has never ever experienced any relief, though his symptoms are non-typical. I'd be interested to hear about your situation.
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 12:05:06 am »
Bern -

good luck on the 26th.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on your behalf  :)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 03:14:15 pm »
Bern: 

I also hope and will pray that your MRI yields some answers and that your discomfort can be eased.

I've added your MRI scan to the AN Treatment Calendar.  Feel free to edit if necessary. http://my.calendars.net/an_treatments/d26/01/2009?authenticate=&display=M&style=B

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

bern

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 04:54:58 pm »
I am so scared for Monday. I cry alone each day so no one sees my fear.  what happens if i decide not to do anymore treatment? I am in such denial.  I have a bad feeling gamma knife didin't work and i think my tumor has grown.

PRAY that my anxiety level drops.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 04:45:16 pm »
Bern -

my prayers are with you.

My best advice is to just wait and see what your MRI results are.  Until then you may be worrying needlessly.  And if there is growth, then you can decide with your doctor's input what the best course of action will be.

You will get through this.  Keep your chin up.

If you would find it helpful, please PM me.  I, and many others, are here for you.

Jan

Kaybo

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 05:13:20 pm »
Bern~
I agree with Jan.  Don't borrow trouble!  At times I have wondered over the last 13 years if my tumor has returned - it was always because I was having headaches again.  I am one of the blessed ones that do not have headaches since surgery (had HORRIBLE ones before).  Both times, there was some change in my life/stress level causing me the headaches - the birth of my 3rd child 18 months after my 2nd with a 4 year old to take care of too - needless to say, I wasn't really getting much sleep!  After the first 5 years, I was not required to get MRI's every year - now I get them about every 5 years to ease my mind.  Please do not be alone in this - poeple care and want to be there for you!  I didn't understand your statement about "not doing anymore treatment"...heaven forbid it has grown back, there are still other options that you have.  This in no way should be thought of as an insurmountable thing.  WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!  ;D  You will be in my prayers - may you feel PEACE until tomorrow and as you have your MRI and await the results!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 07:13:17 pm »
Hi Bern,
Good luck tomorrow with your MRI.  I sincerely hope you get the answers you are looking for and get some relief for your problems.  As Jan said, if you let us know where you are, maybe someone can recommend other doctors who you might feel are a better match for you.  Please keep us posted, you are not alone --we are here to help and support you however we can.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 08:09:38 pm »
Bern,

I will have you in my thoughts all day tomorrow.  I hope you get a good report from your doctor and I also hope you can get to the bottom of the other problems you're having since your treatment.

As others have said, you don't need to feel alone in this - we are all here for you - maybe not physically in PA with you, but we are all an e-mail or phone call away if you ever need us.  My phone number is on the Willing To Talk list from the ANA, if you have that, if not, I can PM it to you.

You just need to get through one step at a time - get through the MRI tomorrow and then deal with whatever comes your way after that.  It gets overwhelming if you try to look too far ahead - so just take it slowly.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 08:47:32 pm »
Bern,

Good luck on your MRI tomorrow.  As you know, an MRI is conclusive evidence of necrosis (cell death) or anything else.  You will be in my thoughts all day until you get results.  As others have said, you can PM me at anytime.  During the week, I'm never far away from my email and this website.  Please keep us posted on the MRI and results.

Kindest regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager