Author Topic: 6 days post op  (Read 2609 times)

bdsgurl

6 days post op
« on: February 17, 2009, 03:21:28 pm »
hi everyone, got home on sunday, been a hard couple of days. im still weak and not feeling the greatest but my double vision which was the worst is almost gone today! i will elaborate more as i have more energy...thank you for all your prayers and wellwishes, surgery ended up being 11.5 hours long, tumor was 4.5+ when they got in there :o :o :o. anyway, im just plugging away, waiting for each hour to pass by....talk to you all soon.

annalisa

p.s. i only have 2 out of 6 facial weakness.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: 6 days post op
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:40:29 pm »
Welcome to Postieland!  The first few days post-surgery don't count at all.  I remember being VERY weak and tired for quite awhile after surgery.  Like you, my surgery was 12 hours long, although I don't know what the final talley was on tumor size at time of surgery.  Rest.  Rest.  Rest.  Your body just needs some time to recover from MAJOR surgery.  Glad you're back with us!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 03:44:40 pm »
Welcome to the other side. REST REST REST
Sending healing vibes your way.
Hugs Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 03:54:39 pm »
Annalisa ~

Congratulations on your successful surgery and the fact that you're posting, already.  I, too, had a 4.5 cm AN and came through just fine.  You will too.  :)  Now, rest and get back to us when you can....we'll be here.  Oh, and welcome to 'postie-land' (a very special place!)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Jwh

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:10:23 pm »
Woohoo!!  I've been checking everyday to see if you had an updated status.  I'm sooooo glad that your home!  My mom and I have been praying for you everyday.

Look forward to hearing more from you!  Now just get better and let everyone take care of you!

Jennifer
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:27:22 pm »
Annalisa,
So glad you are home and doing well!  Rest well and thanks for updating us; we worry like a bunch of mother hens.
Marci

3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 06:50:49 pm »
Annalisa,
I'm so glad to hear from you, and glad that you are home.
It's very tiring for your body to go thru this...and it tells you that, in the form of exhaustion.  Listen to it. 
Rest, as everyone else has said.......and praise, that you are done with it.
Love,
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.