Author Topic: Its back :(  (Read 1234 times)

tenai98

Its back :(
« on: February 18, 2009, 08:08:07 am »
Well only a few days back from Mexico and my tinnitus has return. so maybe weather does play a factor. A few days after arrive in Pto Vallarta, my tinniuts disappeared..I mean gone POOF...except for the odd very light ringing. By George this none ringing kept me awake for the first few nights.  But alas, now it is back.  HMMM so maybe a permanent move to a tropic area is in order...lol...Anyhow I leave next Friday for Florida. Am anxious to see if the ringing will disappear again.
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

wcrimi

Re: Its back :(
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 08:50:43 am »
I think I noticed a difference in my tinnitus depending on altitude.  Before surgery, it was almost certainly worse when I was upstate NY at a much higher elevation than it was in NYC where I live.  It happened twice. So I don't think it was a coincidence. A doctor suggested I was just in a quieter environment and noticed it more, but I don't agree.
1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move

vjgfamily

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:53:04 am »
Just a word on my tinnitus: 

I really struggled with the noise for the first couple of years after surgery.  For several months, It sounded like I had bees in my head.  I know that when I stop the world and concentrate on it, it's still there (and quite annoying).  But I don't notice it when I'm not paying attention to it.  I believe that over time, the brain learns to ignore it.  Hopefully, this will be true for you.

Peace,
Verl
AN Surgery in 1988 by Jack L. Pulec in LA.  Loss of hearing in right ear.

tenai98

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 12:07:28 pm »
When it becme 24/7, it became part of me. No longer noticed the noise unless in a quiet environment, like bed.  I tried several times to listen for the 'bees' but it just wasnt there when I was in Mexico....And believe it or not, lack of noise kept me awake at night.
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

lil_lyd

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 03:51:18 pm »
I've been concerned because for two years the tinnitus has been the same, I didn't even notice I had it. About two weeks ago it increased and it is loud but here in California is very cold right now and it has been raining. I will wait and see what happens when the weather change.
2.5cm diagnosed 11/06. Translab surgery 02/21/07 at Kaiser San Diego. SSD and very blessed.