Author Topic: Annual MRI Date set!  (Read 4085 times)

Kaybo

Re: Annual MRI Date set!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 07:48:17 am »
Nancy~
I actually think I had MRI's & check-up every 3 months the first year and then ONCE/year after that for the first 5 years.  He told me that after 5 years I wouldn't ever have to have another, but like I said, I get one about every 5 years as the doubt ccreeps in.  I try to be positive and trust the Lord, but I think that after going thru all this and then it always seems I start having headaches about then for some reason or another (new baby, all 3 girlies starting school) at that 5 year mark!  It just helps my peace of mind and then I am good to go for awhile longer!
Did you sleep any better last night?

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 08:23:47 am »
Brian -

good luck with the MRI.

I'm rather confident that you still do have a brain.  I mean, if I still do, it only stands to reason that you do too  :D

I'll probably be getting my annual MRI a few weeks after yours.  My surgery was on May 31st, but last year, since it was my first post op, I moved it up and had it in April.  This year I'm not as anxious about the possible outcome so I'm planning to go back to the end of May.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 09:39:17 am »
K:  Thanks for the info.  Guess it's another MRI come August.  & yes,  I slept better, thanks !
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 11:08:27 am »
Ann, Nancy, Wendy, Moe, and Jan, thanks for the kind words!  I'm just nervous leading up to it.. In many ways, I'm more nervous this time around because before I was blissfully unaware how my life would change.  Now, I'm keenly aware and nervous about it..

Jan, yes, it does stand to reason that if they found your brain, they'd find one for me too..  Why does "Wizard of Oz" come to mind?  "If I only had a brain.."  ;)

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 11:53:17 am »
Hey Brian,

If you remember, the scarecrow really had a brain all along.  He just didn't know it.  See, when you get your MRI done, it will confirm that fact!  I'm keeping you and yours in prayer that all will go well and that a healthy brain is all that shows up.  And boy, it sure makes a difference going into it blissfull in your ignorance, doesn't it?  It's hard not to see boogeymen lurking in every corner when you have met one with your name in hand. :D  Boogeymen, we banish you once and for all!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 12:52:45 pm »
In many ways, I'm more nervous this time around because before I was blissfully unaware how my life would change.  Now, I'm keenly aware and nervous about it..

You said this quite well, Pooter.  I didn't really know why I was so freaked out last year for my first annual MRI, but now I recall how blissfully ignorant I was when I went for my diagnostic one.  I never gave the results a second thought until my ENT called with them.  When I got the phone call I kind of went "oh, yeah, that MRI" until he mentioned there was "something" in my IAC.  YIKES!!!  I don't know what I figured the test would show, but I guess I naively thought it would be nothing.

Priscilla - good comparison with the scarecrow.  It's nice to know that Pooter and I had brains all along!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 06:24:17 pm »
Jan, at least you have documented proof..  I still have to get mine. ;)  I know what you mean about being taken off guard with the results..  I was given the "news" inadvertantly by a nurse on the phone while driving in traffic..  Not a good time to hear "tumors THAT large..."..  Ugh..  She's redeemed herself as she's been very helpful at times when I needed her the most.

Brian
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 08:35:21 pm »
Best wishes on your followup MRI.  And finding out while driving in traffic, thats terrible!  I bet she felt so bad! 
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

suboo73

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 06:26:34 am »
Hi Brian!  Best wishes for the next MRI!  I am sure yours will be wonderfully clear of the little booger and show lots of brains!

Sue

PS  Jan - i had already read my MRI because the doctor didn't call and didn't call, so i got a copy of the report.   Then got the call from the doctor while driving, too.  He asked me if i wanted him to call back - i said, omgosh, NO!  Please tell me the story so i can get on with my life. 

suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 12:11:56 pm »
Best wishes on your followup MRI.  And finding out while driving in traffic, thats terrible!  I bet she felt so bad! 

Quite honestly, she said it in passing and I don't even think she realized she let it slip.  At that point, all I knew that they found "something" and I was going to see another doctor that she was supposed to set up the referral for me.  When she let it slip, I was stunned.  But, at least I knew somewhat what the doctor was gonna say when I saw him the following week.  Of course, I thought I was gonna die based on what she said.  Luckily, the doctor (and the people here) calmed that fear rather quickly for me.  An AN is not lethal (VERY rarely) unless left untreated, thank God! 

As far as finding out while driving in traffic, at least I was going slow..  ;)

Regards,
Brian