Author Topic: new one  (Read 3766 times)

reg

Re: new one
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 10:34:34 am »
Thanks for the hearty welcome all and yes the tumor was almost 4 cm Dan.  I had a world renown skull-based surgeon and a top-notch neurologist that I had researched and had recommended to me.  I just had complications including having a shunt placed in my brain cavity to relieve or drain fluids into my abdomen.  I was out of it for about three weeks and was hospitalized for about seventy days, so I'm only going on what was told to me by doctors and family members but I'm better now, just still experiencing difficulties.  I read there is an ANA symposium  to be held in Chicago in August.  I'm planning to attend.  It'll be a good chance to meet others and have questions answered, also a good much-needed vacation.  I'll post more, later.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 09:30:58 am by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm retro surgical removal dec 06

moe

Re: new one
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 09:20:35 am »
OMG, 70 days in the hospital? And out of it for 3 weeks? You were a sick puppy >:(

Hang in there. Every day is a challenge for me mentally- with the deafness/ringing. It affects how much stimulus I can handle and my thought process. I think my memory is worse, but that may be age.'

Yea, it will affect my life forever.
I love to vent and it's important to do that. Guys have a tendency to hold their emotions in. Let us know if we can give you any advice on coping with your specific symptoms.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty