Author Topic: dailey nausea  (Read 1777 times)

cin605

dailey nausea
« on: March 04, 2009, 05:23:55 pm »
Any one else feel quizzeey???8 months post op & I am more nauseous than ever.
Am i pushing my rehab.too much??
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: dailey nausea
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 09:22:30 pm »
I'm just ahead of you at about 10 months post-op and I can tell you that outside of the first few days (which by declaration from gawd Steve don't count), I've never felt nauseous in any major way.  Given that, I might say that you're over-doing it possibly.  It may be your body giving you a sign to slow down a bit.  But, that's only a guess.  All you can do is slow down some and see if that helps.  Admittedly, for about 6 weeks post-op, I wasn't interested in going anywhere or doing anything except to bed and watching tv.  I did a few things (went to a concert and sat 3rd row from stage) at about 3 weeks post-op, for example.  But, by and large I didn't want to do anything.

Hope this helps..

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Keri

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 01:36:21 pm »
Hi,
I'm 5 weeks post op (translab). I didn't seem to have any balance issues at first. Any 'wierd' feelings I had I associated with the pain meds. I'm now off those and only taking Tylenol or Advil for headaches when I overdo it. I"ve had more dizzyness and some nausea lately. This has surprised me because I thought if it were going to be a problem, it would be a problem sooner than later. If I get outside and go run or walk (even though I have to really push myself to do this and it feels lousy at first), once I'm outside a bit and get some exercise, I always feel better. I know I feel more dizzy / wonky / tipsy / whatever in the early evening.

I hope you find a way to get relief. Being nauseated all the time reminds me of being perpetually pregnant in the first trimester.... a feeling I could do without!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Daniellesmom

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:01:42 pm »
My now 37 year old daughter, Danielle, had a 3.6 AN tumor removed in July 2006. Anything that could go wrong, did go wrong, but she survived.   She has endured headaches and nausea since then.  She'll do well for a short period of time, and then the headaches and nausea start in.  She had to have a shunt inserted after being in intensive care for 7 weeks after her first surgery.  She has hydrocephalus and her nausea is caused from that.  Has anyone on this message board gone through similar circumstances and how are you doing?  Danielle has tried every nausea medication possible, but nothing seems to help.  Her neurosurgeon will adjust her shunt and the headaches will subside, but she can't seem to get rid of the nausea.  Does anyone in the Seattle area know of a doctor who could see her for nausea issue?  Her quality of life is declining and she's such a trooper.  Any advice, or help would be greatly appreciated.

Danielle's mom

cin605

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:12:35 pm »
I take promethazine.It seems to help alot.I will go for aweeek w/o nausea then it always returns as soon as i think its in the past.
same w/ the head achs & balance.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old