Author Topic: Dumb Accident  (Read 4390 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Dumb Accident
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 01:47:51 pm »
Iowa was 80's yesterday and 40's today with rain! 

Sounds a lot like Illinois yesterday.

We started with heat and humidity in the high 70s and by afternoon were at rain and cold in the 40s.

Ah, spring!  Just love it   ::)

Are you working on those t-shirts yet, Soundy?

I'm definitely ready to invest in one.

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 07:24:48 pm »
No T-shirts yet ...

It was sunny and almost hot today ... around 85 at noon ... I tried to stand in shade as much as I could while
helping with today's project

Cow /calf vaccination went almost without a hitch yesterday ...Bo (husband) got his foot stepped on by a calf he
was trying to direct to the weaning pen and it didn't want to leave mommy ...black and blue this morning but OK...
nobody said a thing to him when it happened ... this morning I blamed it on the AN  :)

Today we built a fenced in pen around the chicken house ...the girls 4-H chicks are about ready to turn out and
needed a safe place to run around in fresh air... Bo was hammering a fencing staple through wire into the corner of
the chicken house ...he had started it and then placed his free hand flat against the side of building maybe 8 inches
from the staple ...somehow he whacked his thumb... I said it had to be  AN related  :D ... I did kiss it to make it
better after he quit jumping around and I quit laughing ... he gave me a dirty look and asked if I had put a jinx on him ...

I know neither was funny but I had to blame them on something other than what they were ...just accidents ... I think
I am becoming a bit of a smart a** ... I think he may be getting my point a little ...

I read that farms are on the top ten list of jobs with high rate of accidents ... they are going to happen ...luckily we don't
usually have anything serious like my hand and not so often as the past two days  ... if I am gonna live here and be part of
it I need everyone to back off... regardless of what it seems I do know my limits and don't do things I think will get me
or others in trouble or hurt...

A friend that also helps at school alot and I are almost always together at school ... copying , playground duty , aide work in
a class if a teacher is going to be gone more than a few minutes but not long enough for a sub to come in ...whatever
needs doing that our school board won't pay someone to do to free teachers to teach

she gets it so totally and my frustration with reactions of people around me ... when I wobble she wobbles , when I do my
funny heel toe heel toe movement when I come to a stop she does it too...if I bump something she follows suit ... if I
yawn she does too... we have everyone thinking we are nuts but they leave me alone more ... but they have stopped
bugging me and asking if I am OK or if I should sit or lay down or if I am tired and need to go home ... we were subbing in
different halls last week and for once no one popped their head in to check on me ... they just let me do what I was there
to do ... play teacher to a bunch of first graders ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

lori67

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 10:24:41 am »
I think playing teacher to a bunch of 1st graders might be one of the few jobs more dangerous than farming!   :o

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kaybo

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 10:29:14 am »
I used to be a 1st grade teacher...I KNOw that is true!! ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 10:45:31 am »
Soundy

Sorry to gear about your accident but glad you are okay.  Don't let anyone keep you down.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 03:03:09 pm »
Soundy....glad to hear you're OK. Stuff happens...doesn't matter if you have a AN or not. I'm also equally happy to hear that you haven't let it stop you from living. I stopped operating my tree farm because the walking in circles with a 3' razor sharp knife to prune the trees didn't match well with the dizziness and vertigo. That doesn't mean that everything is impossible though.

I appreciate the fact that people care for me and are concerned but I also feel your frustration though. There have been times when i just want to scream that i'm not in need of help.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 11:18:56 am »
I think playing teacher to a bunch of 1st graders might be one of the few jobs more dangerous than farming!   :o

Lori

I don't start getting scared of them until they are about half way through 4th grade ...I have observed in groups of
cub scouts over the year that something happens and they change about that time ...I would get a group of boys in 1st
grade and carry them through 5th grade when they crossed to boy scouts and have seen it over and over 

now my Girl scout troop that are 4th graders are doing it too ... they are not the sweet little kids I got in kindergarten and
have watched grow up... they fight and divide into subgroups and are scary ... and as long as they hang with it I will have
them til they graduate High School ... now that is really scary ...  :o ... and girls are so far scarier than the boys ...

when it came to it boys would fight punch each other a little and move on the girls fight with mind games and someone is
always upset cause she said he said mess ... all but one are in the same class and the teacher says it isn't just them it is the
whole class ...some worse than others

and the 8th grade ... now there is something scary ... I have subbed for 8th twice and then put on my chart that I will take
on K-4... 5th in case of emergency ...

I don't think kids were as scary when I was one  ;)

Hand doing good ...down to my pinky taped up to keep joint immobilized ... tips are still real sensitive ... arm hurts from shot and
glands under that arm are swollen... they said ice it down ... tried that but it was more uncomfortable than the lump so just
waiting it out
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery