Author Topic: Spring Therapy?/  (Read 3069 times)

cin605

Spring Therapy?/
« on: April 25, 2009, 12:00:31 pm »
80's here in N.H....This is my sons bearded dragon she likes to walk outside in her harness.Shes beggin me to walk!Kind of brightens
my day!
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Spring Therapy?/
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 02:06:33 pm »
Thanks for the photo, Cin. 

It's 84 in Connecticut and although I don't have any exotic pets to walk, I think I'll walk myself in the bright spring sunshine.  No harness, though.  :)

Jim
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 03:22:33 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 08:22:51 pm »
Oh I just love lizards!  We had an iquana once who just loved dandelions - when the yard glowed yellow, he was always plastered against the screen wanting outside!!!  It was 85 in southern Ohio today and that really perked me up!!!

Thanks for sharing...

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 08:48:47 pm »
82, sunny and beautiful in northesatern Ohio as well.  It did me a world of good.  Nice dragon, Cin.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Cheryl R

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 09:02:07 pm »
Cin, we no longer have a bearded dragon in the family as the brother in laws sold theirs back to the pet shop and have some kind of turtle now.       Maybe two.     Had one and either got the second or was going to.                I will miss seeing it although wasn't too often.         So no more babysitting here of one.                           Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 06:16:39 am »
well, yesterday, took my husband to his very first Red Sox game at Fenway... and it was my first BoSox/Yankees game! Temps in the mid-80's, Fenway Franks (hot dogs) and singing of Sweet Caroline!   Needless to say, it was MAJOR spring therapy for us!

Hope you all enjoy!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 09:46:54 am »
I was walking and brushing my baby donkey that my husband got me as a therapy animal... Maggie is suppose
to make me happy and get me outside more ...and she does ... but she likes cuddle up and lean on you  which
at about 250 pounds is kinda rough on a person of uncertain balance ... gotta break her of
that before she gets full size ... her mom is about 400 pounds and dad around 600 ... so figure somewhere
between that for her ... if you ever read about a woman squashed by her donkey laying on her in Tennessee
it will be me  :o

she does have an added bonus ... she mows the bank that is hard to mow with  a riding or push mower for free  ;D
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

cin605

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 10:36:25 am »
lol..at Donkey story!
43yrs old

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 03:17:27 pm »
I want a bearded dragon...and a donkey!....maybe if I say that loud enough the boss will get me a new pup.... ;)
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 04:06:58 pm »
I am sure that my cats and dog would be terrified of the bearded dragon (although I think he's mighty cute).  I have a bunch of pansy-animals, actually.  For example, our 65 pound collie is terrified of our 12 pound cat.  Nature has run amok here on Tallyho Lane...
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Helga

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 04:41:42 pm »
At first glance (without reading) the picture scared the heck out of me, I was thinking "OMG, where did she get her surgery done, I don't wan't to go there!!!" Glad it was your lizard, instead.
Helga

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 05:10:55 pm »
This time of year, here in the Pacific Northwest, it takes a true, blue, moss-covered native to get through our cool, wet spring weather that is typical of the Western part of Oregon and Washington.  We had a couple of really nice days, but we are back to cool and damp.  I am envious of your warm weather, but, since I'm a true, blue moss-covered native, our weather here bothers me less and less.  Eventually we will have warm weather and then we'll all be complaining that it's too hot!   ;) ;)

Sue in drippy Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

cin605

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 01:00:47 pm »
Maliibu just laid an egg!she will lay 4 clutches of 23 in the next 4 months.They are inferertile.Other wise i would be looking at
92 babies!!! ???
43yrs old

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 10:31:54 am »
what you need is a stud dragon ...

Maggie my donkey has been invited to come to Ag in the classroom in the fall ...I have got to get her behaving better
on the lead and get her to not lean and rub on people ... it will be all 4th graders in the county and they come to
the fairgrounds ... don't want her smashing anyone

lady in charge of arrangements said all the people she has contacted in the past have donkeys as guards against coyotes
and dogs getting to animals in the pasture ... donkeys and mules for the most part dislike any canine and chase them ...
our 41 year old mule won't let dogs in the pasture ...not even ours ...

She has yet to find a friendly donkey to bring out ... but I fear Maggie and her rubbing and cuddling ways would make
her a bad candidate for a petting zoo like situation ... she is too friendly

but we  have til September to work with her ...if she won't behave we will put her in a portable stall and they can pet
her through the fence and just look at her... I have to come up with a little talk about donkeys and their usefulness
on a farm ... most people like I said use them as guards ...in the past they were work animals ... maybe we can rig her
with some harness and plow or maybe just a pack ...

My mom got a baby chihuahua as a companion and calls me giving baby updates and refers to him as my new baby
brother... she is at home alone alot since breast cancer that was found right after I had my AN surgery ...she gets
depressed and was sleeping alot for lack of anything to do at home ...one person doesn't make enough housework
and she had been a nurse in a nursing home and was used to having someone to  take care of and seeing people ...
she was getting cut off from people ... in the short time she has had Fido ( I would have called him Spike) she has
improved alot ... he has been good for her ... he gets her outside walking around her yard which is about 3 acres
of grass and trees...

I think animals and getting outside is a Spring Therapy for alot of people
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 11:28:57 am »
Oh, Cin, Malibu is so cute! 
And Helga, you are so silly.
Animals and warm spring weather are great therapy, aren't they?
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness