Author Topic: SCARY!  (Read 4753 times)

wendysig

Re: SCARY!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 06:45:28 am »
Hi Brian,

Congratulatoins on your AN-free skull!  The pic from last year was amazing and scary!  I'm glad you got to try BAHA it really is an amazing device.  Whether you choose BAHA or TransEar, I'm sure you'll be happy to be hearing decently again.

Good luck,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 05:54:34 pm »
Hey there, Brian!

I loved the MRIs!!!  Mine looked enormous too, and my husband took it to school to for show and tell (he's a science teacher!).  It seems kinda intrusive that something else wants to fill in the hole when it is not wanted, but it's great that your doctor is not concerned.  I'm sure that makes you feel pretty good about it!

I am so intrigued about your BAHA test run.  That is very encouraging.  Is there a similar trial for the Transear?  I'm so gunshy about another surgery (even though it sounds like a piece of cake), but wonder what the TransEar feels like stuffed in the ear!!!  I wear my hair short too, even though the lovely bald spot where the staph infection was is still VERY bald!!!  I'll be wearing my hair just a tad longer in back to cover that up, but I don't want to go any longer than necessary.

Let me know what you end up doing with your hearing devices!!! ..and congrats on the MRI!! 

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 07:44:01 pm »
This was easier than finding Waldo! a looks familiar. Seeing your MRI gave me that terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach-yikes- you are right scary stuff. So sereal. Take care, life is good. Michelle
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 11:24:16 am »
Well, my friend, that's some booger you had in your head!  Isn't it great to see nothing in your head (didn't mean that quite the way it came out...)?  Interesting to read your comments on the BAHA.  Like you, I am still considering options, but leaning strongly towards Transear just because it is less hassle w/insurance and if I don't like it, I won't feel bad "losing" it... ;)

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com