Author Topic: Quite a"club"  (Read 2010 times)

Mile-Hi Nicki

Quite a"club"
« on: April 29, 2006, 09:12:30 am »
Good morning, everybody.  I have been posting & replying, but sometimes they just don't "take" - I guess I'm a Newby in more ways than one! I'm the gal from mile-hi Prescott, Arizona that just got diagnosed with my 1.5cm AN (I suppse I should give It a name - any suggestions?) Thanks for all your kind and informative responses.  I was asked about my symptoms.  Really, just a noticable hearing loss in my left ear, so I "switched" phone ears and went on my merry way.  At my husband's urging (I thought I just had selective deafness to him ;D) I went to Costco (big box store) for a hearing test.  The technician sent me to my local ENT.  Ent sent me in for a contrast MRI and 3 hours later called me to tell me the "news".  He sent me to Dr. Syms at Barrows and now I see Dr. Porter, Neurosurgeon, on May 11th - thanks for the "list of questions" advice!  It seems that I have noticed that I am a little ditzy these days and cannot multitask like I used to do. Could be the stress or could be another symtom - any ideas? Well, I hope this post goes through and I wish you all a great weekend - kindess regards, Mile-Hi Nicki
e-mail: wpaulnicki@aol.com
59 and clock ticking
1.5 left side An diagnosed April 2006
Awaiting treatment by Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter of Barrows Neurological Inst. Phoenix

shoegirl

Re: Quite a"club"
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 09:47:18 am »
Hi Nicki,

Welcome,

I am from Phoenix, have a similar sized AN and was treated at Barrow's.  I wanted to tell you that Barrow's is great!  I had Cyberknife there in December with Dr. Kresl, Dr. Daspit, and Dr. Shetter.   You are in good hands.  Can't tell you enough - that I was so impressed with the doctors and the staff - I immediately felt at ease and knew I had gone to the right place - I had been to some "not so right places" before my appointments at Barrows.  If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. 

Best Wishes, Suzanne
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 09:53:52 am »
Hey Nicki
Click on "profile" at the top of the thread list
You will get your own profile
Find "Modify profile" and click on "forum profile"
Under "signature" you can put the stats on your AN to give us folks a frame of reference on you.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Mile-Hi Nicki

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 10:54:14 am »
Thanks Capt. Deb , I will give it a try.  P.S. Love the bird!
e-mail: wpaulnicki@aol.com
59 and clock ticking
1.5 left side An diagnosed April 2006
Awaiting treatment by Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter of Barrows Neurological Inst. Phoenix

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 11:21:37 am »
The ditzy and multitasking is from the AN...at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!  Stress IMO makes the symptoms more symptomatic.  I know for me looking back I was doing some really dumb things and know I wasn't thinking or acting rationally.  After diagnosis it seemed to get worse. Heck I'm still not rational but at least now have an excuse  ;D

It's always nice to hear someone who's going to the same place someone else did and had such a good outcome and care! 

Welcome to the club Nicki! 

SKT

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 09:26:52 am »
I really didn't pay attention to any symptoms pre-diagnosis until sudden tinnitus.  In hindsight I had alot of headaches but had excuses for them.  Point is, post-diagnosis - boy did my mind play games on me.  Stress levels really make things go nuts. The AN side of face started tingling like you would not believe, and my eye was flickering to the level of absurdity. Never noticed it before.  I think being concious of it and stress really exacerbates the symptoms. I found post -surgery when i felt everything was over and 'fixed', I didn't feel any of that facial twitching or tingling and that was the time to feel it because my facial nerve had been stretched so much during surgery.But i was relaxed again so stopped noticing things.  The absolute worst part is the waiting.