Author Topic: Heard from the House and made it thru pre trial lit  (Read 6038 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Heard from the House and made it thru pre trial lit
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 01:37:06 am »
Hi Karla,

Wishing you the best through your difficult time but you are in great wench hands with this lot.

Just a question - what type of surgery are you having? I had middle fossa and pre surgery, found it really hard to hear on the phone but still could. Could also hear normal conversation (albeit hard). Post surgery, can't har on the phone and can hear conversations a little if people yell. yes, in theory they retained my hearing but it's not very useful.

Question you can ask is - if they are doing middle fossa or retris... will they take all the growth out or will some be left behind?. This is a key question that i didn't ask and after syurgery, I was told "we got it all out". 3 yeatrs later, it grew back and the ENT surgeon said -"we did leave the casing there". Well, I could have flattened him in his office. I restrained myself but I was rather annoyed when i was lied to.

It is hard over the phone but I would ask the Dr when he says, they are hopeful of retaining some hearing - get them to clarify what that means - will i hear conversation? will I hear on the phone? and will they take it ALL out.

Don't want to create concerns for you but best to ask now.

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Battyp

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 06:56:52 am »
Karla I didn't drive from August until December.  The hospital gave me a driving test to make sure I was safe due to the problems I was having.  I had trouble turning my head from left to right without the world spinning on it's axis.  I still have it to some degree just not as bad.

Keeping you in my prayers that you'll be just fine!

Karla83401

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 12:56:01 pm »
Sorry I have been gone for so long again... these darn headaches and earaches are kicking my behind. It is a struggle to keep up with school, kids, animals and trying to find the floor in my house.

I should be hearing from the House today and am prepared with a list of questions. I will not know for sure what exact procedure they will be doing until I get down there and we test my hearing one more time.

Larry, thank you so much for the questions about the hearing issue post treatment. I would have never thought of that aspect. I also did not think about them leaving any of the tumor behind. I will be asking those very questions.

I do have people who will drive to get my groceries buut it is school that I was worried about this fall. It is about 15 miles from my house also. Perhaps I will need to look into medical transportation to get me back and forth. I refuse, thus far, to give up on going back full time this fall. But I will adjust if I need to.

Pearl, thank you so much for Dr. Nick's info. I will be doing some research on that issue this week-end and really appreciate your efforts.

If I have missed thanking anyone or acknowledging a question, please forgive me....it is that darn Tommy the Tumor giving me grief again.

Hugs to all,

Karla

diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 01:00:49 pm »
Pearl, thank you so much for Dr. Nick's info. I will be doing some research on that issue this week-end and really appreciate your efforts.

Karla, if it's a small way that I can help, then works for me! :) Sounds like you are prepared, well informed and hoping your conversation with House brings you the answers you seek.

Sending you hugs and best wishes!
Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"