Author Topic: Tight Jaw  (Read 1692 times)

Darren

Tight Jaw
« on: June 30, 2009, 11:34:09 am »
Hi folks,

Recently had a 3.3 cm right sided AN removed translab approach..currently a HB grade 5.......my jaw on the operated side feels very tight, its hard to take big bites of food. is this related to the 7th nerve or just the muscle?

Thanks,

Darren

Lilan

Re: Tight Jaw
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 11:55:20 am »
My jaw is also tight. When you feel that translab incision area you realize it's very near the jaw -- my money is on it being that. Mine has already loosened up some (I'm almost three weeks after surgery) but is not yet normal.

I'm thinking the feelings around the incision areas are going to get weirder before they get better -- as things heal and regenerate and numbness wears off, I'm feeling more and more -- not pain, just more activity going on around there than I had been noticing!

Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

Kim Zingale

• My AN Blog
Re: Tight Jaw
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 02:23:24 pm »
My jaw was a little tight after surgery, and my surgeon said that's normal. He recommended that I massage the joint and gently stretch it. Hope you feel better soon!

Kim
Retrosigmoid surgery Feb. 9, 2009 at Johns Hopkins with Drs. Tamargo and Carey.
http://adventureswithmanny.blogspot.com