Author Topic: On the way to the Symposium  (Read 1484 times)

LOIS

On the way to the Symposium
« on: August 12, 2009, 09:24:08 pm »
We are in Dalton Ga right now on our way to Chicago.  Anyone else in the area on the way?  And has anyone ever heard of enhanced scar tissue?  I had my first year postop MRI and they think it is probably enhanced scar tissue.  Its very small and my doc said next years mri will show more.  He showed me the one with the tumor and the one with the enhanced scar tissue and they both look the same to me except this is smaller.  I didnt like the word probably plus I had a 1 cm. thalmus infarct on the first one that wasnt mentioned with the second one and a bunch of tias that wern't mentioned with the second one either.  He mentioned that was strange too as they dont dissapear.

Lois
Diagnosed 07/08   1.2 x 1.1 cm. left AN Retosigmoid surgery 08/08 with Dr. Bartels  @ Tampa General Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: On the way to the Symposium
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 09:25:41 pm »
Lois, just want to wish you a good/safe trip to Chicago and will see you there! Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 09:45:06 pm »
Hi Lois!
Getting on the jet plane tomorrow morning...still up packing!!  See you there!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

LOIS

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 10:51:33 pm »
 Thanks Pyll and K, hope you have a good flight.  Thats the way I would have preferred to come but cant get my husband on a plane.

Lois
Diagnosed 07/08   1.2 x 1.1 cm. left AN Retosigmoid surgery 08/08 with Dr. Bartels  @ Tampa General Hospital