Author Topic: survived the tomb of gloom  (Read 6164 times)

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: survived the tomb of gloom
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 07:32:02 am »
Phyl, that CD will cost me $84.00.  they send the images to the doc's office as all the pcs are inter connected...
JO
Hi, I am not too good at surfing the computer I am from the old school but I am trying to read some postings and if I have some knowledge I love too share my experiences.  I requested from my Radiology facility a copy of my CD for an appointment with a neurosurgeon and then I needed a second one for another appointment yet to be made and both were given to me free.  At first they wanted to send it and I stated I am looking into several doctors and need the CD to bring along with me... I am sorry that there are so many places out there that are only in it for the money...
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 12:27:16 pm »
Jo ~

I was dismayed to learn that the imaging center demanded $84. for a CD of your MRI photos.  This seems improper.  A small fee, maybe, but $84.?  That's outrageous!  Complaints are certainly in order. 

Like TP, I schedule my MRI scan and neurosurgeon consult for the same day, usually about an hour apart.  The neurosurgeon's office is right next to the hospital where I have the MRI performed, so this is convenient and saves me another 62-mile round trip from my residence to the hospital/doctor's office.  Having the doctor view and explain the MRI results almost immediately is also a big help in reducing the stress that waiting can cause.  I can take the CD - for no charge - or just have the images transferred to my doctor's computer as he is in the hospital computer network.  I often have the images transferred but also ask for the CD, which is given cheerfully and free of charge, as it should be. 

Your problem with the hospital/imaging center may be related to the Canadian health care system but I have no way of ascertaining that.  Frankly, I have a very real fear that if the U.S. health care system is 'reformed' the way the politicians want it to be, the days of instant, free CD's of an MRI may be a memory.  Of course, for someone my age, even getting an MRI may be a memory if the schemes I've read about are actually implemented - but that's a subject for another thread, possibly on another website.  :)

I can only hope (with you) that the 20 days will pass quickly and that your letter of complaint will have some effect. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

tenai98

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 02:54:39 pm »
I was infomed that it  takes up to two weeks for the results to get to the doctor's office...or basically on the pc that inter connects with the hospital pcs
Jo
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7